Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexo45

The " Do Nothing " Method

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

i was wondering if you have to open or close your eyes if you use the " do nothing " meditation method. 
Also, i'm using this method for some time now, and i noticed that while i'm meditating i catch myself a lot becoming aware of not being aware. I get pushed out of the fantasy or thought i might have been thinking of at that time, and become aware of it, only to fall back in one. This repeats for the most part during my meditation sessions. Sometimes i'm also aware of being aware and that's when it feels really awesome, is this the end goal?

Eyes open. 

You are aware that you are not aware? That sounds very much like you are aware :)

1. Doesn't matter whether you close your eyes or not. Do what feels more comfortable/natural to you.

2. Did you just ask for an "end goal" in the Do Nothing technique? :D

"Do nothing" technique has no goal. As you describe it, it all goes as planned.

Thinking = do nothing

Dreaming = do nothing

"being aware/present" = do nothing

Everything is do nothing.

Set your timer. And sit.

46 minutes ago, Alexo45 said:

Sometimes i'm also aware of being aware and that's when it feels really awesome, is this the end goal?

Nope, there is no goal. Really. There isn't. Nowhere to get to, nothing to do. Doesn't matter if you have monkey-mind or a 5-MeO like sitting. Just sit. With time you'll understand why there is no goal. And yes, eyes open, son.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

14 minutes ago, Big_D said:

2. Did you just ask for an "end goal" in the Do Nothing technique? :D

I was referring to the "end goal" as in how you want your state to be during your normal day :D.

I have one of those black eye coverings that you sometimes see people on airplanes wear.  They work great because no light gets in and you don't have to worry about closing your eyes.

I'm sure there's some hardcore person out there who's gonna come along and deprive me of my mask lol.  Watch!  Ya'll know you wanna go all orthodox on me!  Maybe their rationale will be -- Brahman needs dancing eyelids to transcend Maya!  I caught a bunch of shit once before when I admitted sometimes I meditate laying in bed.  

This is the one I have --  

https://www.amazon.com/ALASKA-BEAR®-Natural-blindfold-super-smooth/dp/B00GSO1D9O/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_194_bs_tr_img_1/141-2039829-1145664?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W9A91C0P89HWCFWN87Z2

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I have one of those black eye coverings that you sometimes see people on airplanes wear.  They work great because no light gets in and you don't have to worry about closing your eyes.

I'm sure there's some hardcore person out there who's gonna come along and deprive me of my mask lol.  Watch!  Ya'll know you wanna go all orthodox on me!  Maybe their rationale will be -- Brahman needs dancing eyelids to transcend Maya!  I caught a bunch of shit once before when I admitted sometimes I meditate laying in bed.  

This is the one I have --  

https://www.amazon.com/ALASKA-BEAR®-Natural-blindfold-super-smooth/dp/B00GSO1D9O/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_194_bs_tr_img_1/141-2039829-1145664?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W9A91C0P89HWCFWN87Z2

That's honestly a good idea. I might give it a try.