Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Have You Started Referring To Your Body As The Body Yet? I'm Starting To Get A Little Depressed

8 posts in this topic

I'm really starting to see that the body is not my body now but the body.  It is a little bit freaky and it's putting "me" into a little bit of a depressive funk.  I think "I" am experiencing a little bit of dark night symptoms.  The sense of nobody home is really not sitting well with the Ego.   "I" see now that the body is just this thing that is there and is alive and operating on its own like a machine.  There's no me inside of it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yep, you're not on the journey. The body is. You're merely a guide.

Memento Mori

52 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

"I" see now that the body is just this thing that is there and is alive and operating on its own like a machine.

Just stay conscious, aware and remind your self that whatever you think or feel is not you. In this phase it's really helpful to practice love ❤️

@Ilya It's not easy.  Also, every time I think I've arrived I realize that I am just at the beginning of this.  I see now that this is a process that has to unfold or unravel -- pick your metaphor.  I also see now that conditioning has basically fed the Ego into thinking of me as a self.  I've always had a sense that there was something odd about me, and now I realize that in the back of my mind I always felt the nonduality tugging at me in subtle ways -- like in my 20's.  Now I see why that was.  We have convinced ourselves that we are selves!  But it's all just beliefs overlaid on top of perception basically.  I think you have to trip hard to really become aware of this fully.  Be careful with psychedelics though folks.  I don't think I would have ever gotten to this place had I not had that massive trip.  The same Being I was there is the same Being I am here.  And all I can do is be!  What control is there to be had?  I'm like watching myself do myself now.  Now I see why this has to be done in steps.  It would be too painful to go through Enlightenment all at once.  Ya ever see the movie Alien?  It feels like that.  But I had a similar feeling back in March when I had my first big shift in the Ego unsettling process.  It actually felt worse then.  This one is more like a calm despair.  That one was more like grieving a death.  I just feel generally bad, not cheerful at all.  But not depressed either.  Just kinda moderately sick in some way.  I think it's the loss of the illusion of control that is really hard to accept.  And it's just weird to realize that what I thought was reality is basically just a movie -- just like when I had my trip.  Same deal.  I don't want anybody to hurt themselves with psychedelics, so be careful.  But I have to say that that caused a big shift for me.  You gotta really understand what Being is.  Once you get that, that's when things start to happen fast.  Once you see an error, you can't overlook it.  Denial only works if an error is not fully seen or comprehended.

Edited by Joseph Maynor