egoless

If Evil Does Not Exist...

34 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

I am more proud that I am Leo :D

That's part of the problem. You think I am better than Hitler.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

That's part of the problem. You think I am better than Hitler.

Jokes aside I know that I just can't grasp all these intellectually no matter how hard I try. But something just does not align with each other or I just misunderstand some of your sayings. My main questions are:

1) After Awakening will I commit much less evil then I do now? Let's say evil from our ego's perspective. Can Enlightened man kill or harm someone just for sake of reality experiencing itself? 

2) I also don't quite understand what no Free will mean? Does it mean that I can sit whole my life in the chair doing nothing and I won't be lazy because that's how it was predetermined for me?

3) What do you mean in Infinite reality can every possible scenario even non realistic ones from our perspective exist in it?

@egoless

1) It's not possible to be alive and not kill. Doesn't matter how enlightened you get. You're gonna kill lots of stuff. The nature of reality is ever-flux. It must feed upon itself. An enlightened person can do everything an unenlightened person can do. In fact, there is zero difference between them. Enlightenment is not about becoming "good". It's about becoming aware of what reality is. Just because you learn that 5+5=10, doesn't mean you won't murder someone. See? Awareness of Truth doesn't constrain action.

2) No, no-free-will means that there is no one who's in control of your body's actions. If you sit in a chair for the rest of your life, that will not be your choice. And if you climb Mt Everest every year, that will not be your choice. No matter what happens, it's not your choice. Because "YOU" are a concept. Like Santa Claus. Santa Claus does not cause Christmas presents to be distributed to kids. See? Because Santa Claus is a conceptual fabrication.

3) This is impossible to comprehend at your current level of consciousness. You must do self-inquiry if you want to grasp it.

@egoless it's like asking if all is God, how come there's bad stuff. You have to consider that the thing being perceived is illusionary, which is easy, compared to seeing that the thing perceiving is also illusionary. ?What isn't illusionary is infinite love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless

1) It's not possible to be alive and not kill.

2) No, no-free-will means that there is no one who's in control of your body's actions. If you sit in a chair for the rest of your life, that will be your choice. And if you climb Mt Everest every year, that will not be your choice. No matter what happens, it's not your choice. Because "YOU" are a concept. Like Santa Claus. Santa Claus does not cause Christmas presents to be distributed to kids. See?

3) This is impossible to comprehend at your current level of consciousness. You must do self-inquiry if you want to grasp it.

1) I mean literally killing other people for example. What stops Enlightened man to kill or harm other person if there is no boundary for him between good and bad?

2) "Who" decided for Leo to be born as Leo Gura for example and not as other ego? why "your" ego experiences different things then "mine" and if we are one who decides that split between imaginative roles?

3) Ok.

3 minutes ago, egoless said:

1) I mean literally killing other people for example. What stops Enlightened man to kill or harm other person if there is no boundary for him between good and bad?

2) "Who" decided for Leo to be born as Leo Gura for example and not as other ego? why "your" ego experiences different things then "mine" and if we are one who decides that split between imaginative roles?

3) Ok.

1) Nothing stops him. He's totally free.

What stops you from sticking your finger in your butt? Nothing

2) There are no who's.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Nothing stops him. He's totally free.

2) There are no who's.

1) Will he do it? if yes why? if no why?

2) But still "you" are talking to "me" why is not it reverse? Why my experience does not feel like I am Leo responding to egoless questions?

4) If there is no separate self for Enlightened person (awaken- for example you) why does not he transfer all his money to us all of the forum members if we are all one? If  physical death does not mean anything anymore for him why does he need money and food anymore?

Edited by egoless

@egoless That's like asking, "Will it rain tomorrow next year?"

4 hours ago, egoless said:

I don't speak about morality here. I'm speaking about good and bad. and yes all those things you mentioned here are bad and I have this boundary. But let's say you you are awaken and don't have that boundary - do you identify yourself as everything and everybody - even the most evil people? 

I don't understand your quibbling with my word-choice.  It's a distinction without a difference to me.

If you had two good legs, would you believe that shooting one of them off would help you walk better?  This is what we do with morality.  It's the Egoic Illusion trying to judge and control Nature.  And it's a big cause of suffering.  The Ego uses polarities like moral good and bad to give the illusion of control and the illusion of existence.  Being just is.  Imagine two alien (as in non-human) video-game characters that were programmed with a completely arbitrary sense of right and wrong.  How would you regard that code of morality?  Would you see it as applicable to your life in anyway?  What if you experienced some trauma that caused you to start judging yourself based on that video-game moral code one day, and all your actions caused you to feel like a total piece of shit.  Wouldn't that be unfortunate?  Right and wrong does the same thing to us.  The Ego doesn't exist -- but all those emotions are registered by Being.  So, morality, right and wrong, and good and bad, are just Ego-Smog; and they kick up a lot of neurotic, often painful feelings -- aka suffering.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"Then what is killing, raping "

it's killing and raping.=) 

In reality it's neither good nor bad. If you think it's evil then it's you interpretation of it. Of course you can be aware of the fact that good and evil are mind-made distinctions and still dislike killing and raping and still wanting to lock ppl doing it into jail.=)

From a survival point of view it makes perfectly sense that the cultural mass-ego develeoped a concept of evil as being "real" and then equating it with anti-survival-behvaiour such as killing (and to a lesser extent raping i guess lol).

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

'An enlightened person can do everything an unenlightened person can do. In fact, there is zero difference between them. '

There also is a difference.

Words are inadequate here but I still like to say that yes, there may be a part of enlightenment which is realizing no-self which has nothing to do with behavior but you cannot ignore that there is an aspect to this process which is the embodiment of unconditional love which comes from feeling so intimately connected with other beings that you wouldn't dream of doing something that probably wasn't in their best interest and within the realms of their conscious wishes that you can serve.

But 'probably' is key here and just as tricky to talk about, you never know why things happen and they might serve someone more than you can think, but I think you can say the probability for less suffering and a quicker awakening comes through being as compassionate and loving for all as you can be, surely I prefer a world like that.

- But at the end of the day, don't worry about this and go within, remember your own innate goodness and that will help you remember life's innate goodness.