egoless

If Evil Does Not Exist...

34 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura in his last episode describes the fact that ego creates boundaries between good and evil. Leo you say that in reality Evil does not exist... Then what is killing, raping and other terrible evil I don't even want to mention? even if you and me become awaken that does not change other evil people and they will still do it. If there is no boundary between good and evil then why don't you kill, steal money and do other evil things for living? - If all these are not different (there are no boundaries?) from creating quality videos on youtube, having passion and guiding people to spirituality?

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, egoless said:

Leo in his last episode describes the fact that ego creates boundaries between good and evil. Leo you say that in reality Evil does not exist... Then what is killing, raping and other terrible evil I don't even want to mention? even if you and me become awaken that does not change other evil people and they will still do it. If there is no boundary between good and evil then why don't you kill, steal money and do other evil things for living? - If all these are not different (there are no boundaries?) from creating quality videos on youtube, having passion and guiding people to spirituality?

If a dog bites you is the dog morally wrong?  What is it about dogness that makes us pause here?  If a rock falls down a mountain and kills you, is the rock morally wrong?  If cancer cells kills you, are the cancer cells morally wrong?  What if a spider bites you?  Is it wrong?  Or a cat?  When we swat the cat afterwards is it because what it did was morally wrong?  Says who?  Does the cat have a say in the matter?  Is it morally wrong to hug dogs if they don't like to be hugged a certain way?  Does the dog decide this?  What about the things that dogs hate that we do that we don't know about.  Are those things morally wrong?  Says who?  Are they wrong even though the dog cannot formulate the statements for itself?  In other words, can the dog have moral rights and duties that it doesn't "know" about?  Does its fear and pain of being hugged and its reaction to being hugged count as "knowing" that a certain behavior is wrong?  So, can it have moral rights that it is ignorant of?  Says who?  The dog?

What is it that properly gets assigned moral rights and duties and why?  Who decides?

Does Being have moral rights and duties?  Says who?  On what basis?  Where do moral rights and duties come from?  What is their origin?  

If human beings didn't exist, would there be any moral rights and duties?  Do human beings exist?

Do video-game characters have moral rights and duties?  Ok . . . I'll stop.

Ok.  One more.  What if you know that petting a cat's hair the wrong way is not comfortable to a cat, and you go ahead and do that and the cat bites you?  Is the cat's behavior morally excused?  Says who?  The cat?  

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

That's not really what he said though. He said evil is selfishness, which comes from your ego's desire to self preserve which we all have. The more conscious you are of your propensity to do evil in the interest of your self preservation, the less evil you will do.

The boundaries of evil become irrelevant when the boundaries of your 'self' do.

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If a dog bites you is the dog morally wrong?  What is about dogness that makes us pause here?  If a rock falls down a mountain and kills you, is the rock morally wrong?  If an AIDS virus kills you, is the AIDS virus morally wrong?

I don't speak about morality here. I'm speaking about good and bad. and yes all those things you mentioned here are bad and I have this boundary. But let's say you you are awaken and don't have that boundary - do you identify yourself as everything and everybody - even the most evil people? 

Edited by egoless

4 minutes ago, hundreth said:

That's not really what he said though. He said evil is selfishness, which comes from your ego's desire to self preserve which we all have. The more conscious you are of your propensity to do evil in the interest of your self preservation, the less evil you will do.

The boundaries of evil become irrelevant when the boundaries of your 'self' do.

I got your point but maybe I'm explaining it in a bad way. Let's say you are awaken and see yourself as non dual being with the whole reality. Then what makes you stop from doing evil if everything is part of this reality aka you and it is infinite? yes you no longer think about self preservation maybe as you don't have ego anymore but what makes you stop doing evil just for sake of reality experiencing itself in that way?

4 minutes ago, egoless said:

I got your point but maybe I'm explaining it in a bad way. Let's say you are awaken and see yourself as non dual being with the whole reality. Then what makes you stop from doing evil if everything is part of this reality aka you and it is infinite? yes you no longer think about self preservation maybe as you don't have ego anymore but what makes you stop doing evil just for sake of reality experiencing itself in that way?

Nothing, but who's calling it evil?

4 minutes ago, hundreth said:

Nothing, but who's calling it evil?

That's the point nobody from that awakened perspective anymore but right now that idea just does not seem right to me because at least now my ego stops me to do bad things like that. What if after awakening when nothing stops you anymore you actually do more of these evil stuff?

I believe that the pitchfork of the Devil is actually a symbol for choice(fork in the road) , when in fact there is none, this is not Determinism however.

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

That's the point nobody from that awakened perspective anymore but right now that idea just does not seem right to me because at least now my ego stops me to do bad things like that. What if after awakening when nothing stops you anymore you actually do more of these evil stuff?

Are you in control of whether you do evil or not? Are you in control of whether you awaken or not?

@default identityI do to, at least I still act like I do, though conceptually, things seems to unravel. Makes me think of a quote from a Star Trek movie The Final Frontier "I need my pain". I wonder if anyone has any ideas on Ego inflation? Late where I am, so signing off.

19 minutes ago, hundreth said:

Are you in control of whether you do evil or not? Are you in control of whether you awaken or not?

Yes one more thing which frightens me about Enlightenment is the fact that there may be no free will at all... I'd rather live my life thinking that I have free will then everything is predetermined? Still struggling to evaluate pros and cons of Enlightenment path... I have so many unanswered questions. I don't want to commit to that path blindly. I want to be sure before I commit that this is the only legit path to Ultimate Truth and not another belief or misconsemption. 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

But let's say you you are awaken and don't have that boundary - do you identify yourself as everything and everybody - even the most evil people?

Of course. You were literally Hitler. The only reason you have any knowledge of Hitler is because you are him. Consciousness happens through BEing. You cannot be conscious of a thing without being it. Literally. Ego denies this of course. That's what it means to create the self/other boundary.

Nonduality = no boundaries

When you can look Hitler in the eye and love him as much as you'd love your child, in that moment you will vanquish all evil in the world. But note: he might still throw you into a gas chamber. But you'll be at peace about it. You will understand why it is necessary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Of course. You were literally Hitler. The only reason you have any knowledge of Hitler is because you are him.

I am more proud that I am Leo :D