B Clear

Subconsious Reprogramming And Trust Issues?

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

So I have been working as counsellor for years and I have used some methods such as Theta Healing to reprogram conditioning in the subconscious mind when it seemed necessary. (Theta is putting oneself in a theta brainwave (through a type of meditation) which influences the person in ones presence to go there and then stating the removal or input of beliefs, feelings etc.) The funny (or maybe not so funny) thing is that I mostly only facilitated this for clients - hardly ever for myself - and it did work well for them.

This is because I remembered as a teen how I would go to hypnotist shows and all my friends could get hypnotized but I could never. Which is sort of similar to what you do in theta - putting them in a sort of brainwave with meditative talk - so I assumed I was one of the few who could not be hypnotized, and I felt it was due to trust issues because in my early childhood I had been manipulated so much that I had later created a defense to suggestion when I was aware it was being directed to me

But now in starting to try apply things to myself properly for the first time - since dedicately starting my personal journey towards self actualization - It is like Im brand new in this area though I have been studying it for years to use with clients. It may sound strange but I think Ive been this way due to past traumas and upbringing etc, as I for most of my life just saw myself as 'something' here to serve others. It is hard to explain but I will leave that for another post.

Anyway I am listening to one of Bruce Liptons talks on reprogramming the subconscious mind. (He wrote the Biology of belief and has validated his methods with the use of an EEG machine recording the change in brainwaves). A friend sent it because I have been finding that whenever I have to sit down to do administrative work. For example, last night when I was filling out a mock application for a new business grant asking me all kinds of basic questions about what I was planning on selling, how I would market etc, I feel this massive resistance to sit and complete the written work. It feels like I am wading through thick tar, and there is a tension in my stomach and throat, and I feel very emotional and I suddenly start comfort eating and looking for distractions and then I cannot sit still and it takes an hour to complete something that should take 10 mins. It is exhausting! So, I often stop before I complete anything and then take weeks to get back to it fearing the memory of how bad it felt.

As a teen I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and mild dyslexia so I always just attributed it to that, but last night I decided to lay down and really feel and go into the feeling in my body and my emotions.. and oh my lord did it open up a can of worms, not only did every current pain I am experiencing, like my recent break up, my recent move across country and feeling overwhelmed and wanting to isolate, my feeling alone and vulnerable with all my family in another continent far away, my questioning if there is something wrong with me because I don't currently have enough income to support myself, and on and on, and this tidal wave of negative, fearful emotions and damaging thoughts, all sparked by looking at that feeling that comes up when I try make myself do something (mostly admin work) I think I should be doing or have to do when I'm not inspired like writing a business structure or an essay etc.

As I looked deeper I realized this phrase my parents said over and over to me as  child underlies alot of what I was feeling or why.  Because I was very different to them, very sensitive and spiritual and I could not lie, they worried for my well being in the world which they thought cruel, deceptive and harsh because they had grown up in Warsaw during world war II and then through the Russian occupation for years after and had been programed with a hostile worldview in their formative years. So they often said to me "Bianca you will never survive in this world the way you are" "You should have been born a hundred years ago when the world was still a good place"

So even though I know consciously that that is nonsense, I know as well that it was said enough times in the first 18 years of my life that is had entered into my subconscious and influencing my choices and actions.

I also know like I have massive trust issues because I was manipulated a lot by them trying to mold me into something that could 'survive in this world'. So alot of the therapeutic techniques like Kniesiology have not worked on me as I developed a defence mechanism to not let anyone in if I realized they were trying, and I feel like to use these techniques such as EFT (emotional freedom technique) or NLP (neuro linguistic reprogramming) or even Theta one needs to be open to the suggestion or the method, but if your unconscious unconsciously blocks you from suggestion or being open to it how does that work?

So I think asking others here about how reprogramming their subconscious has affected them in general, may help me open?
I also was wondering if any of you who had trust issues had success with these kind of reprogramming or any other subconscious reprogramming for childhood conditioning?
Or any kind of guidance about any of it would be helpful.

Thank you for reading and much appreciation for any responses :)

@B Clear Strangely I was thinking about NLP and the Subconscious yesterday. A similarity between NLP and "Snow White" occurred to me with the "Magic Mirror on the Wall " often said as "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall". Another similarity between Narcissus, the pool of water and Echo. http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/10/the_story_of_narcissus.html

Trust - involves an element of vulnerability, though not recklessness. I wonder what the distinction between trust and naivety would be?

Theta Healing - Is that like Anaesthesia? How does that heal?   

Ayn Rand Objectivism and the Subconscious."The Virtue of Selfishness" Didn't go too well for her later in life.

I believe the Freudian Unconscious model is the far more accurate, as opposed to the Subconscious.

Few thoughts, not really sure how to structure them more thoroughly. Maybe there's an agony aunt or someone you can correspond with, sometimes being alone, is not really being alone.

9 hours ago, RichardY said:

@B Clear Strangely I was thinking about NLP and the Subconscious yesterday. A similarity between NLP and "Snow White" occurred to me with the "Magic Mirror on the Wall " often said as "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall". Another similarity between Narcissus, the pool of water and Echo. http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/10/the_story_of_narcissus.html

Trust - involves an element of vulnerability, though not recklessness. I wonder what the distinction between trust and naivety would be?

Theta Healing - Is that like Anaesthesia? How does that heal?   

Ayn Rand Objectivism and the Subconscious."The Virtue of Selfishness" Didn't go too well for her later in life.

I believe the Freudian Unconscious model is the far more accurate, as opposed to the Subconscious.

Few thoughts, not really sure how to structure them more thoroughly. Maybe there's an agony aunt or someone you can correspond with, sometimes being alone, is not really being alone.

Hi @RichardY I do not yet know much about NLP other than you are supposed to do different body movements and gestures so the programming is supposed to enter into the subconscious. So I am not yet sure how NLP and Snow White or the Magic Mirror are similar. But I did love your  your article about Narcissim and found it quite interesting in the realm of how it applies to everyone and also since in my counselling practice I do often work with partners of pathological Narcissists and pathological Narcissists themselves those new perspective are ones I could think about and ponder and incorporate.  I like how the mythological characters represent different archetypes within us, and how the author has interpreted them, and the warnings. 
I do not know much about Ayn Rand, recently I read something about her being someones lover and that relationship turning into hate because she was so self obsessed.

I'm hesitant to delve too much into Freud, as I found him quite sex obsessed, but I will relook at his model.

An agony aunt? What do you mean by that? I do have people I can correspond with, but I miss having family near by and a partner. I live on a beautiful rural property, its quite enchanting, but its so far from everyone, friends who travel do come and visit every once in a while which is nice, though after my last visit I missed my solitude once they were here, strangely.

Oh and Theta healing is when you go into a meditative state and access Theta brainwaves then bring your client into that space and in that open receptive state begin removing unhealthy beliefs that bring harm.

But I do believe in techniques that can enter into and reprogram the unconscious aspect of the self and I really want to start working with that as I try actualize through awareness and effot and hope I can get some guidance there.

Edited by B Clear
unnecessary info