Joseph Maynor

What Are Your Theories About Why 5meodmt Can Cure Drug Addiction?

6 posts in this topic

I think I understand how the heroin user could be cured by this immediately, but I wanna hear what you all have to say.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It seems most quality psychedelics have this effect on addiction. It's as if they force you to confront your inner demons lurking within your subconscious. You build layers and layers of ego around them, which are blasted away. You confront them, drop the fear, and the need to dull your senses to keep your demons from creeping up into your awareness subsides. 

I'm sure there's more to it. 

Edited by hundreth

I'm surprised nobody has any ideas here except hundreth, who took a respectable shot at it.  I'll reveal my thoughts at the end.  This is a test, it seems.  Maybe too hard of a test, I'm not sure.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think the blast of consciousness gives you a wider or different perspective.  

And then maybe you just arent as drawn to keep fucking up your life when you realize that type of higher consciousness is possible... or once you see reality in a clearer way.

Maybe it just breaks the web of beliefs, the structure of mind a bit that holds the addictions in place.  Or if it doesnt break them you can see them more clearly and you just naturally gravitate away from the addiction.

Let me spend a little more time on this answer.  This question deserves a strong answer because I know a lot of people have struggled with addictions, and I intended to give a strong answer myself when I asked this question, so I'll take a shot at it here.

When you realize that you are Being, you realize you are already dead.  The pains of this "life" are just in your head.  When you trip hard you realize that whether you live 10 years or 100 years, you will die too.  And when you die, what matters?  How do you want to feel when you die?  Like a junkie?  You don't; believe me.  If you ego-death and go through the death experience you'll find out you wanna die clean and happy and proud and loved.

Also, when I came back from the trip, I realized that my body is just kinda following me around.  And a lot of suffering comes from the body, and a lot of suffering comes from mistreating the body.  Once you realize you are not the body or the mind, paradoxically you'll wanna treat the body better.  When you treat the body badly, it's like using the bathroom where you sleep.  You want your sleeping place to be fresh and clean.  That's what taking great care of the body gives you -- warm, cozy, silky, comforting, sheets to envelope you so you feel nice, not fatigued, sore, and sick.

There is nothing to run from in life.  All you are is Being.  All drugs do is mask painful emotions and thoughts, which are not yours.  Thoughts and emotions just exist like any other phenomena in nature, they are not connected to a "you".  So, if you have a powerful trip and ego-death, you'll see that your entire motive for doing drugs could vanish.  When the Ego dies, the motive to do drugs as an addiction dies.  You still can do drugs in moderation, but the addictive aspect might change for you after ego-deathing.  And I am speaking from experience here, this is not just speculation.  I had a few addictions that really have just gone away.  The compulsion to over-indulge has gone away.

Relevant vid:

Edited by Joseph Maynor