Ryan_047

How To Cure Anxiety?

18 posts in this topic

The title says it all..I really need to cure my anxiety..It literally fucks my life.I've researched the topic on the internet but what I've found is only vague and general advice that applies to only a very small amount of people.The ones who are not really suffering from panic attacks.

So..how do I cure anxiety for good?Please don't give me answers like medication,sleeping more,eating healthier...I am already doing those type of general advice and it doesn't go away.Has anyone here on this forum been through anxiety and panic attacks and managed to cure it?Please share your story and most importantly how you managed to cure it..Please help me.

Anxiety is very vague term and usually a symptom of some other problem so you would have to be more specific to get a good answer

@Ryan_047 all suffering is illusory as it is created by our minds this is both physical and psychological, due to the false identification and association we create with it.  So, to eliminate anxiety become mindful of the anxiety you experience. This means you don't judge it, you simply observe it, and contemplate and question it in a self-inquiry manner.

To go into this further read the power of now by Echkart Tolle. 

Good Luck! And Chill out! B|

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Ryan, the only way to become free of anxiety is to face it head on without running away from it. If it's an emotion feel it in your body fully and let it be so it can be released. It's going to feel terribly unpleasant and it's going to take time depending how much is stored up in your body. If you're having anxious thoughts about the future or past you need to become aware of these patterns in your mind and realize that they have no truth to them because whats here and now is the only real thing in life.

I've dealt with anxiety/ obsessive fearful thoughts and I still am but the intensity of them have reduced tremendously,

@Ryan_047 I don't just chat mumbo jumbo. I practice what I preach and only give information that really works and is useful, if I can't I usually won't reply to a topic here on the forum that I know little or nothing about. 

The person who showed me this technique was a friend of mine who also has panic attacks. And, ever since I feel like my anxiety and stress levels reduced by 80%. 

Also, my friend who has panic attacks is considering getting therapy to dissolve the cause of the attack, I would suggest you do the same, friend. 

Good luck! ^_^

the best thing i know that could be a solution might be to really dig deep and find the root cause of the problem and have the self disciplin to face it and also fully feel the emotion with zero resistance i think it might also help to read a book called the road less traveled by scott peck it have a lot of good infomation on how to deal with challenging things in life (for example one of the things he talks about is to accept that life is difficult)

something else that could help might be to have a journal where you write the problems you are facing to get a clear idea of what the root cause is and to track your progress:) 

hope it helps

good luck :) 

@The Monk How long have you used this technique?I mean in months/years.

Also,could you please explain what do you mean by a self inquiry manner?

And last..when do you actually use this technique?I know it sounds a bit dumb..but,you are doing it exactly when the feeling comes up?Or could you use this technique later that day when the moment has passed?

I had this problem with caffeine and being overweight.  I went to a cardiologist (sent there from the ER where I was freaking out on a panic attack).  Once  I cut out the coffee, the panic attacks went away.  I can drink lot's of coffee now however, but I'm also lower in my weight.  I've had a septoplasty to help with my sleep also, and having good sleep is a must.  Did you get a sleep study done to see if you have sleep apnea?

It has to be a physical symptom of some kind.  I have the same thoughts & pressures as I did when I was young & I don't get anxiety from anything mental.  I hope it's not mental for you, not sure what you could do with that.

@smd It is actually mental for me.I don't drink coffee and I usually sleep for 6-7-8 hours and 20 minutes nap almost everyday of the week(except weekends).

@Ryan_047 Have you checked out NLP?   I hear it can be used for such things, perhaps creating an anchor for how to think of a time when you are not anxious, etc.

@smd What is NLP?

I've just watched Leo's video on how to deal with strong negative emotions.I'll use that process,it is really helpful.

@Ryan_047 Neuro-Linguistic Programming.  If you do an NLP search on YouTube, there're several videos.  Check out the ones that explain it & avoid the ones that are several-hours long lectures because I've found those very confusing (and mic is only working on one speaker, which makes it difficult to follow).

@Ryan_047 This video explains it well. Use the questions this master displays whenever any negative emotion arises.

Because, although he is talking about anger, the technique he uses can be applied to any negative emotion.

This is a technique to stop the emotion.

But also do self-inquiry when meditating Leo has a video on this. It will give you profound insights and eventually end all suffering. When you find the truth.

Edited by The Monk

@Mad Max How have I fitted in?Well..I'm not that sure.I've recently found out that my father abused me physically one time in my earliest years of life and for a long period of time I was afraid to even come near him.Eventually,I started to become emotionally attached to him and started to love him..but I remember that most of the time I've had a kind of resistance feeling towards my father..Like..whenever I had to do something with him,I've felt a resistance..maybe it's because of the time he abused me.My bigger brother..I remember he didn't let me express myself..Like making noises when playing with toys or talking to my toys..or running around..things like this.And he did this most of the time.I remember that I became very silent at some point because of this..being afraid/annoyed when he showed up because he would forbid my self-expression and telling me that only retarded people talk to themselves.Being the first time I write and remember my childhood..I realize that this might have caused me to become so introverted....My mother was loving most of the time..Except the times when things were going bad(financial,emotional matters) and she was spilling her frustration on me by shouting loudly..Other than that my childhood was pretty dull :/ .I don't remember doing anything exciting..the Kindergarten years were nice..even tough I don't recall that much I know that I truly enjoyed them..I think it was the best part of my life..I was having fun with the other kids..no one was stopping me from doing anything.

Pfff...Now I realize how important would be to go to therapy..But heey..I'm 17,I have no fucking money,I can't get a job because my parents would not let me to,and most recently can't even study properly because of self-doubt/hate issues,low self esteem and anxiety.It's so damn hard to heal myself emotionally..I see that now.The worst of all,I don't even have hope for myself in any way..The only reason I am going forward is not to get more miserable than I am now..because if that happens I will most likely end up commiting suicide or living a very shity life.Not that I would care that much(I don't care about myself)..but I care about my mother.I can't stand the thought that she would see me how low I've fallen..So yeah,I am trying to get up for her..not to make her suffer.

Life truly sucks and there is not a light at the end of the tunnel..not even a drop..God fucking dammit.