Achilles

Should Everyone Try Responsible Psychedelics?

14 posts in this topic

Hello best community in the world :)

I practice meditation for several years and I do it without missing a day for almost 7 months. I just do 20 minutes, you know, I bought the LP course (amazing) and I do a lot of more habits everyday, so 20 minutes is fine for now. 

I notice that I'm growing my consciousness, but it's not that fast as long as I don't practice enlightenment exercises. 

I would like to use psychedelics to understand a bit of the current level of Leo and to have some insights. The problem is that I have close family that has mental illness derived from drugs, and for me it was never an option to take them since I fear to become crazy and it's dangerous for me. 

The question is: can I use psychedelics in a responsible way? 

The answer: Talk to a doctor. 

The counter answer : What doctor with my family history in Europe would say, "yes, no problem, if you take them in a responsible way you can take as much as you want" xD

So coming back to the start : Can people with that kind of family history uses  psychedelics in a responsible way? 

Edited by Achilles
Write more general text, not so personal

What doctor with my family history in Europe would say, "yes, no problem, 

An irresponsible one :D

I can't help you much, but there are other things than psychedelics, you don't have to rush, life is long enough for different methods to work.

Have you ever tried any retreats?

Did some of your family members turn ill after psychedelic drugs or other drugs?

Don't take psychedelics as long as you really fear of becoming crazy, that feeling will increase tremendously while tripping. Really contemplate what it means to go crazy.

Turning 'crazy' or losing the sense of what is normal is usually the first barrier you'll face on a psychedelic trip. No need to worry, most people can surrender to this without a problem (if the problem arises at all!).

Do a lot of research, Leo has great books in his booklist on the subject. After that you can more accurately decide for yourself if psychedelics are the right step for you to take. In the end: never do it if it doesn't feel good for you. 

Also.. the more experienced of a meditator you are the easier your trip will be as it is mostly about surrendering to what the psychedelic is trying to teach you. 

@Achilles My only psych experience is shrooms. (Make tea don't eat them) If someone asked me your question out of the blue, I'd suggest they meditate and eat well and be able to hold their focus on all is well by default, and then they are ready. I feel that insulates a foundation for a 'good trip', which to me, means the love will fill them and all of their knowledge will clarify and become insights, epiphanies, and revelations allowing a physical experience of the not physical that they really are.

Research starting small and building the does over monthly increments. Have the right atmosphere, for me that's outdoors / nature. Have the right trip sitter or somewhat experienced trip partner, or at least a partner who is not battling any self issues. That person should also have their foundation in place. Prep the trip too. Have happy silly songs ready. Etc. Eat raw that day, and don't eat for a couple hours beforehand. Prime yourself for a few days before the trip with some Leo infinity vid's, some Abraham, some Matt Kahn, some Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, etc. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think your family had problems with using psychedelics responsibly to accelerate allowance / connection of love - to experience reality directly. It's likely they were using drugs in the complete opposite direction, to reinforce superiority of self / fill a love hole with physical highs.  If I'm accurate here, it would probably serve you well to contemplate the distinction for a bit. Good luck man. Try to enjoy the uncertainty. It's an adventure. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you have family that has had mental illness show up due to drugs than the answer is a definitive no.  I believe you already know this, but want to go onto this forum and have other people justify your decision to take them anyways.  You're welcome to do so, but you're playing Russian roulette with your mental health.  If you are going to do them anyways stick to small doses and avoid certain psychedelics.  I'd probably do a small amount of mescaline or psilosybin if I were you.  

Yes.  It gets you out of Ego Reality.  You wanna be able to see Ego Reality for what it is.  The only way you can do that is if you leave it and re-enter it.  Otherwise all this stuff is just talk.  It's like astronauts reading about going to the moon versus actually going to the moon.  See?  Reading about it is fine, but you wanna go to the moon too.  You need both.  You wanna see Atman and see Brahman and realize that you are both because you are Being.  And Being is immortal.  Salvia taught me that through an ego-death experience.  Be careful with that shit though.  It's scary.  A true ego-death feels like a real death.  It's a true psychological death.  It takes you to Brahman, and you see that Ego Reality is a simulation.  We actually choose to Be here rather than Be there.  But anyway, when we experience our physical death, we will all experience Brahman anyway.  Probably, right?  I don't think there's a heaven or hell.  So, we all end up being Brahman one way or the other.  Psychedelics just give you a preview of the other side of death.  Here's the fascinating thing -- you realize you're already dead.  There is no dying.  Being doesn't die, and you are Being.  The Ego dies, but the Ego is a simulation.  And the Ego is everything in your awareness.  Everything in this container of Universe, Earth, people, things.  All of this is Ego Reality, and all of it is a simulation.  The only thing real is Being, and Being is the true you.

I've never done 5MeODMT, but it sounds very similar to the Salvia trip I had.  I wanna do it at some point.  But I want to have the right trip too.  I wanna prepare for it.

Another great video on point:

And this one too.  I've never done 2C-B either.  I've only done Salvia and Shrooms a few times. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

From a medical point of view, it depends on the mental illnesses in your family. 

Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and any psychotic symptoms are most definitely alarming. 

If you are talking about subtance addictions, alcoholism, depression or ocd, it would be fine to take psychedelics to my knowledge. 

However, don't go into a trip with an anxious mindset. 

Many points of view on this, I see. Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking them until you are quite secure in your enlightenment process, because you might see something you are not quite ready to handle and be scared away from the enlightened path all together. Of course, this is not an absolute certainty if you were to try it, just a small possibility that it could happen.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

No, stick with meditation.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Girzo I didn't tried any retreat. I would love to. I have to search the one's that Leo recommended. What do you think? 

@Bas yes, I think that so. Thanks for the help!

@Nahm thank you for your detailed help! There's a bunch of things that I have to take care of. Definitely, if I do the research and try this, I'll be read your post to prepare myself :)

@Shiva why did you already try them Shiva? You're afraid, like myself ? 

@Heart of Space I'm just opening myself a bit to the possibility 

• @Joseph Maynor @Joseph Maynor I saw the videos Joseph. I "understand" all that. Even if it's not correct I reached a point that I gave Leo all credibility to talk about reality. I take his advice as the best approximation of reality that I can have because I don't have the time to do the research and he is proved he has credible information. So now I follow him almost blindly, as bad as it is. 
  • My problem is that I'm afraid to go out to space to understand that and lost myself 

31 minutes ago, Achilles said:

@Azrael just because you say no?! :)

I think that if you have to ask, you are not ready. Because this is a decision you can only know for yourself. You know "how you are", how able you are to confront very difficult situations. So it won't help you if I hypnotize you into believing that you can do that. I can bring up a ton of reasons that you can do psychedelics with a family background of psychological illness, I can also bring up a ton of counter-arguments. In the end, it doesn't matter, because I don't know you.

And just reading how you write, you seem not to be too confident with this topic and because I know that it takes some balls to start with this and that you can seriously fuck yourself up with it, I say "no". It would be (in my reasoning) foolish to just say "Ahhh, you'll be fine", because probably you won't.

Nothing personal man, but I just don't know you and psychedelics can be fucking dangerous.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Azrael much more grounded, thank you azrael. I think this post can be the start of the preparation, let's see..