Progress

Breaking The Illusion Of First Person

5 posts in this topic

Note- I in this article should be read as "I" in third person. It will allow you to see more clearly what I'm speaking of. In the third paragraph, It is relatively written in first person due to convenience as "I" is still an illusion story consisting of the body, mind, itself, the past and future.

Just after a short meditation and as a byproduct, an inquiry, Consciousness has been noticing the ensnarement of Mara. The tricks used to entrap consciousness in vortexes of illusions. Mara's greatest trick is having consciousness believe in the illusion of first person. I being the "first person". For what is I? I is a pattern recognition mechanism of what was socially drilled to be "you." So when I says "I am suffering" how can I possibly suffer? It just like Trump on the television, is a sound, an energy passing through. Yet what is the difference between Trump screaming on the television and I screaming in your mind? I would have you believe that you are it. So when I says "I am suffering" you believe you are "I" and therefore you suffer. Like a self fulfilling prophecy. How can sounds possibly suffer?? Thats ridiculous. Then who does? The only one who possibly can, Consciousness itself. The only perceiver of these foreign substances.(senses etc).

It was during the inquiry that I started talking out loud, Saying what consciousness realized subtly but not so fully. This is a great technique to break through the illusion of I, at least for a bit. It makes consciousness realize how truly absurd what I am doing. Such subtle intuitions such as "You think you are I but that is absurd, I am a voice in your mind, How could I possibly be you?" "Isn't it ironic that I am helping you defeat me but at the same time, you can't trust what I say because it is a trap within itself." "Therefore every olive branch I give you is also a declaration of war, It can't be any other way." "For it is through me you process much of your knowledge and wisdom, an illusion." "I am the sword you must use against me as the path to realizing the illusion requires illusions as well both directly and indirectly." In other words as Leo was saying, scaffolds.

Somewhere during the inquiry, an interesting  insight came up as it was further realized that 3d doesn't exist and the default is living within a painting. So within that regards, the body reached out for a cup across the room. In that moment, It truly did feel like the illusion could be broken or at least destroy itself into another illusion where I would have the cup in my hand. Unfortunately the illusion did not break however it reminded me of childhood. How I was obsessed with magic, I realized why I was obsessed with magic. To break the illusion. That was why, all along. That was what made magic so magically.

Ego-Mask.jpg

Edited by Progress

" So when I says "I am suffering" you believe you are "I" and therefore you suffer"

Who is "you"?

@Serotoninluv I write "I" in third person much like they, it them. You is consciousness, beyond the concepts. Well this is as far as I gotten, It is a relatively minor insight or series of it but I think it has larger ripple effects.

Edited by Progress