Viking

Access Concentration Vs Samadhi

3 posts in this topic

the practice to achieve both is the same (i think) is it? whats the difference?

i have seen a practice that says to try to concentrate on an object and if the focus deviates you should put the focus again on the object and with time it will become a meditation that you focus the whole period. in Leo's video he says that we should do only as much time as we can concentrate and scale up 1 min 2 min 5 min etc. are both options valid? what's the difference?

can you provide any sources how to do it please?

samadhi mean to become that object which you are perceiving, like you are it. Your concept of self has to be first dissolve to samadhi. In that state you and the object are really inseparable. Concentration is only to focus one of your senses to the object, it's a subset of samadhi you can say.

3 hours ago, Ilya said:

the practice to achieve both is the same (i think) is it? whats the difference?

i have seen a practice that says to try to concentrate on an object and if the focus deviates you should put the focus again on the object and with time it will become a meditation that you focus the whole period. in Leo's video he says that we should do only as much time as we can concentrate and scale up 1 min 2 min 5 min etc. are both options valid? what's the difference?

can you provide any sources how to do it please?

This book will tell you all about the concentration journey.

http://static.squarespace.com/static/5037f52d84ae1e87f694cfda/t/5055915f84aedaeee9181119/1347785055665/

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie