Joseph Maynor

Do You Believe That A Karma Is Accumulating Somehow?

14 posts in this topic

When I had my experience, I didn't feel well.  When I experienced Absolute Infinity, it wasn't like I felt joy or anything like that.  It was actually a creepy, 'Holy-shit I'm dissolving out of the matrix' feeling.'  I'm not sure why, but I got the sense that maybe Karma has something to do with the climate of Being; or maybe Karma prevents the Ego from sending out those bad emotions.  Although those bad emotions could likely be caused by the Ego-Death itself, I don't know if I can distinguish that-finely.

I got a sense of a climate-of-Being.  Does that resonate with anyone else?  Like Being's vibe, mood.  For me it was kind of a creepy-mood.  But I didn't explore Being enough.  I could tell that it was getting better, but the Ego pulled me back quickly.  I got time being Absolute Infinity though.  It was cool.  I understand now what 'Being is all you need' means.  Better get used to Being if you wanna die!  You better learn to love it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor this is a trap. It's a very impressive well made and rather perfectly constructed trap. It's thorough and insulated. So well assembled with it's references and relatability. The humility expressed is the deepest plea and denotes a readiness. The commitment to it is respectable.  It's not convincing though. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Emptiness is so empty, that it's also empty of joy. Ego will interpret this as cold, death, pointless or creepy. But those are all just judgements of the present moment, which is simply empty. Or peace.

[Source of an Issue] Insecurities are an interesting thing I try to avoid in my life. Also I'm sometimes fervently curious about them so I play into the trap. Its this paradox that ultimately loops me into them. Not too hot, not too cold, just ripe for loops of suffering.

I/my mind likes to believe that the answer lies by solving what the insecurity is. What do I mean? Ex: If someone is stabbing you, Knife them. Problem solved right? However that never really solves the insecurity. Why is someone stabbing you is the question you keep avoiding.

This is the hard questions that should you realize the problem is not the problem itself but why it is; then you have to deal with all the massive detective work on why you have the problem. If you do manage to stop the man stabbing you, Is someone going to send another? What if the problem manifests itself as a bomb? or an "accident?"

There could be various whys. You owe money, you crossed someone, you knew too much, you snitched, you cheated, you mixed into the wrong crowd etc. Ultimately you have to face that it was your fault, you reaped the karma of your actions. Responsibility, we all hate it sometimes.

I got the sense that Karma is at least good for when you die you want to die with dignity not feel like a piece of shit.  Karma plays a role in how you feel when you die, which is important in itself.  I felt like a piece of shit when I had my ego-death experience.  So, that tells me that my Karma is not clean.  I don't know how Karma carries with you and affects how you feel after death though.  Maybe it affects your Being-Climate.  I'm just not sure at this time.  Maybe someone else can chime in and answer this for us.  You don't want to feel like a debaucherous bum dying all alone on the street with your sins -- facing the heaviness and surrender due to your own poor choices, like cancer.  That's how I felt.  Not quite that bad, but you get the idea.  Imagine a bird slowly dying on the side of the road, going through the full process of death, all the phases of letting go and all the feelings, images, and emotions that it goes through as it lets go of life.  I think Karma ties into at least affecting the quality of your death when it happens.  Will you have a high-quality death or a low quality death?  Maybe Karma affects that.  In that case, we had better be planning for this.  You don't want to feel like a loser when you die, I can tell you that.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

41 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Joseph Maynor what is it that determines what actions are sinful or not?

What is it that judges the choices being poor?

I look at it like this.  We survive this Egoic life, this bodily life.  I'm not sure what our purpose is here, but if one exists, how is that relevant to what we should do with our time here?  This is really the $10,000 question.  Right?

Because -- here's the scary thing: Maybe the answer is, don't do anything but Be until you die.  Woah, that's counter-intuitive, right?  That will prepare you to Be after you die, which is what you will be "doing" after you die, just like it's what you're doing right now.  Man this gets deep.  Almost too deep for me too.  I feel my comfort-zone flexing haha.  But, let's keep moving forward.  

Always keep moving forward.  Make an affirmation out of this.  Pardon me, I'm a music fan and a jazz musician.  Let me recite an anecdote on point.  Neil Young told Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins, when Billy asked, Neil "How do you keep moving forward despite all the shit, ya know?", and Neil Young responded, "Ya Just keep going.  You just keep going.  That's all you gotta do."  What words of advice there!  Neil's a smart man.  Very wise.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

What is it that we need from here that we need to bring with us to the next place?  This is also a key strategy question.

Is there some sense in which high-consciousness is valued in the next place?  That would be important to know.

If the answer is no, who the hell cares how you make it out of this life, you will have to get it together on your own after death anyway, the same as anybody else.

So, see.  These questions look trite, but they are really important strategic questions.

Why are we in the illusion in the first place?  Man, that's the granddaddy question of them all!  Who can answer this?  Calling all cars!  What the hell is this simulation for?  Humor us.  Don't be scared.  Let's see if there's any true smarties out there!  Two easy questions.  Go for it!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's worth considering that if your experience of the absolute infinity felt like shit, that it might not have been an experience of absolute infinity, rather than going with that it was and trying to reconcile how absolute infinity feels like shit to you. Just a suggestion. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Post removed.

Edited by MiracleMan
Removed original post.

Grace

It's normally like a @Spiral in either direction.

When you do "good" things you feel better, so you do more "good" things or, the other way around.

Edited by Spiral

Interesting, if you feel positively attached to your identity, I imagine that letting go of it would be a more somber experience. I was elated upon 'ego death', but I also identified as hating most parts of myself for a very long time. You are letting go of both your likes and dislikes that made up your identity if you surrender it. "Be careful what you wish for" right? Either way, avoid labeling the experience as good or bad or whatever. I am curious, were you positively attached to your identity before the experience? Were there many things you enjoyed about being an identity?

Edited by zenjen

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

It's worth considering that if your experience of the absolute infinity felt like shit, that it might not have been an experience of absolute infinity, rather than going with that it was and trying to reconcile how absolute infinity feels like shit to you. Just a suggestion. 

That's just speculation Nahm.  With all due respect, It's just as valid to say the opposite of what you said from a third-person's perspective.  All that matters is the experience I had.  And that's only in my experience.  You are commenting without having access to my data.  What if I picked apart one of your trip reports like a critic?  You would laugh at me and dismiss me right away.  It's irrelevant.  It's just monkey-chatta.  Seeing trumps post-game beliefs or back-seat quarterbacking -- unmoored yammering.  I'll take what you said as speculation.  Sure, fine.  Anything's possible.  I don't need to convince you or anyone else of anything or engage in defense of anything --that's all just monkey-chatterBeing just is.  And it never changes.  What more needs to be said than Atman = Brahman?  It's interesting that you want to disabuse me of my "beliefs".  Why is that motive there for you?  I'm curious.  Why are you playing the role of the naysayer?  Don't you understand that Egoic Life is an illusion?  There's nothing to discuss other than Being.  And Being is silent.  Right?  Being doesn't need an experience or to have an opinion.  Being just is.  And Being doesn't die.  None of this has anything to do with beliefs or words -- or speculation.  It's almost like you are saying -- you don't deserve to cling to reality.  There's something wrong with your reality.  Let me get in there with a screwdriver and set you straight.  Don't you see the ridiculousness in this?  Being needs nothing.  

Who do I believe Nahm -- you or my lyin' eyes?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

17 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Joseph Maynor what is it that determines what actions are sinful or not?

What is it that judges the choices being poor?

Good point.  Ego Reality is an illusion.  Spirituality is nihilism actualized.  I have to re-evaluate all of my values and goals in life.  Here's the relevant question: Beyond the basics of providing for your basic needs -- how much should "you" indulge in the illusion?  Right?  

I think it all comes down to how you want to feel when you die.  And maybe some post-death Karma issues, to the extent that those carry over into post-death.  For example, does Karma affect how Being feels post-death?  If there is a rule that we can find that says yes -- then we want to be strategically maximizing our behaviors accordingly.  So, that would set up a principle that we could follow.  Somebody needs to explore this.  Die for all of our sins somebody!  Could somebody else do this investigation haha, or do I need to Ego-Death again and find out?  Ah man.  Ego reality is a trip man.  Can somebody else do it?  I want to stay comfortable in the illusion man.  Like a baby clinging to its binkie.  That's what we are.  Oy.  And the funny thing is that we WANT to come back into the illusion even after experiencing Brahman, like an addict succumbing to the 800 pound gorilla.  WE DON'T WANT TO DIE.  We're like that insecure baby hunting for its scaffolding, its grounding, its foundation -- but, failing to realize that Mr. Binkie is just a bit of cloth and nothing more.  Mr. Binkie is nothing, nada.  That's Ego Reality for ya; and it has long claws.  We're addicted to the illusion, and it's a big problem; maybe the biggest problem if we want to have a clean death and post-death.

Edited by Joseph Maynor