MiracleMan

I'm Attracted To Emotionally Damaged Women...

25 posts in this topic

@Mad Max you assumed right that I am a girl^^ but I haven't been romantically attracted to a man since I was 18. 

over the last years I fell in love three times, but it was always with emotionally damaged women ^^:$ do you think it is still the same mechanism, but with my mam? that it somehow has to do with the relationship I had to my mother?  

whatever arises, love that

@Mad Max hmm, at my last retreat I already discovered that a lot of my negative patterns come from my mother.. I always had a more complicated, two faced relationship towards her than towards my father..

I'll still have to dig deeper there.. thank you for your advice <3

whatever arises, love that

@MiracleMan

On 9/24/2017 at 2:15 PM, MiracleMan said:

"I used to psychoanalyze myself constantly and find problem after problem to fix, and this can and will go on indefinitely because the mind has an infinite amount of resources to keep the story going."

This is such a powerful realization. You're right, it's easier said than done because at some level, digging into your past and being your own life's detective feels fun. You feel "awakened" and smart for knowing where all of your problems stem from. Sounds weird but this could truly become an addiction and you're starting to get little cocky. I really thought that knowing the exact reason for all of your insecurities would somehow fix them but it really just creates unnecessary drama for the mind to latch on. However, I think you need to be careful to find that perfect boundary between "letting it go" and accidentally ignoring the issue. Overall, I think you're moving towards the right direction. More you're trying to verbalize your issues, more you realize how unserious and insignificant they are, which is why you're starting to feel much better. Glad that happened :)

@ajasatya Thank you! You're speaking the absolutely truth! Both of us have mentioned the self-esteem issues and it's no surprise that problems like attraction towards "wrong" people arise. The challenging part is knowing what to do about it and just being patient with it. I think if you care enough about the issue to Not care about it, things will go smoother :) 

If you are sure that she is Emotionally Damaged Women then my advice is to find some other woman who is not damaged. I had few "demaged" women and all were disasters...

Edited by merimo28