Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Why Are The Earlier Videos So Much About Doing And The Later Ones Are So Much About Being

10 posts in this topic

What's the connection?  There's kind of an incongruity here.  There's gotta be a middle-way between these extremes.  Sometimes practice has to give theory a good kick in the ass.  Enlightenment can't tell us how to live.  That's a separate issue from enlightenment.  If I want to live with one foot inside and one foot outside of the illusion, enlightenment cannot tell me that this is wrong.  Being doesn't speak!  Being doesn't moralize or engage in polarities of any kind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

From my experience, being does speak. When I transcended my ego, my awareness expanded and I had access to infinite divine wisdom. I had this sense that I already knew everything that I needed to know as a human being and always had and always will. It had all always been there for me to access. So, I suspect that if someone lived in the enlightened state, this wisdom would always be the guide as it was for me in those times. So, implementing basic routines is probably a good idea, even from the enlightened state. But because there is no ego distortion obscuring divine wisdom, that wisdom of being would likely function as the primary guide in life.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald I like the concept of Intuition.  I tend to think of it like: Being has a forward motion, a flow; the Tao.  Intuitions can be connected to Being by understanding the Tao in this manner.  A lot of people don't understand that Intuition comes from outside of them.  In this sense "Being" has a voice, but this voice is non-doctrinal.   I had my intuition before enlightenment.

Videos on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think they are at different levels of consciousness. the later ones are higher in consciousness. they target/help different people depending on their level of consciousness.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

@Blue is the sea That's correct! Leo is trying to give advice from different angles - trying to include as much people as possible, no matter what their level of development. But there are downsides to this as well. 

Self development, spirituality, consciousness and so on, are such nuanced topics that there is so much room for misinterpretation. Once again,  Leo does not know you or me or anyone else  from the audience. Yes, he's trying to put out there quality content.

But...

There will always be a gap between what he is trying to teach/spread or communicate and what the audience will understand. In his content you will find practical stuff, abstract stuff, spiritual stuff and so on, you name it. Yes, he's content is flexible but in being flexible the rate of misconception will be high. 

People will use his content for mental-masturbation. Imagine a newbie listening something like "Your life has to slow down", where in fact at that point of his life he needs more action. People need to be more careful. 

Tell me your opinion, 

Edited by Donald

@Donald  yes i agree with what you sayed. i think that the information can be easly misleading especially with people who have lower consciousness. they should start with the videos that adress more or less their  consciousness level and as they consciousness level arise they can digest other information from other videos. the more deeper you go the more paradoxes you enconter and its easy to use them to please your ego or justify your behaviors. we must be wise enough to find our own personalized balance. if we dont we will pay the consequences. this path is no joke.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

@Blue is the sea Everyone is unique and everyone has different life conditions. It is not so simple. When I say people ofcourse I include myself as well, I have my blind spots, a lot of them.

It is so easy to get stuck and watch video after video and tricking yourself that you are  growing. This is a life-long journey, a couple of videos will never be enough to make radical changes or to "elevate your consciousness".

Let's take my example, I'm still stuck at a 9-5 job (I work at a hotel). I understand the importance of abstract topics and absolute  infinity and meditation, etc and I still do meditate every day for 1 hour a day, but... for now my primary focus is:

How can I quit my job? How can I start a business and grow and learn from it?  

Notice I said for now. For now that's my goal. Kinda like micro-purpose, but if I zoom out to macro-purpose it's a totally different scenario. 

We should work on the micro while not loosing sight of the macro. 

What about you?