Viking

How Do I Choose What To Do?

8 posts in this topic

there's so much stuff, different schools of teaching, different techniques, nirvana, samadhi, kundalini, whatever else, how do I choose where to start? should I just shut up and do my negating thoughts meditation with some concentration and self inquiry? I dont have any goal right now with that stuff (which I guess is good) but I feel like there's so much to explore and it makes me restless. How should I approach this if I want to experience all of that richness?

what kind of goals could there be besides nirvana and samadhi?

Is it really going to help you if everyone here gives you their perspective? You are going to get yet more differing opinions. There are no definitive answers, and even if there were you wouldn't know which one.

In my point of view, you should stop starting threads for awhile and over analyzing everything. It doesn't matter how much knowledge you acquire now, because you may not have the wisdom to integrate it. Get out there and rack up some life experiences. Go find your own interpretations.

@Ilya Separate the Mind from Being in anyway you can.  This is what leads you to understand that the Mind is not you.  Don't confuse the Mind with awareness.  Awareness is not part of the Mind.  Can you identify Mind-Matrix Objects?  (Mind-Matrix Objects include thoughts, images, visualizations, beliefs, past, future, projections, concepts, ideas, notions, individuation, assessment, analysis, theories, definitions, associations, relationships, distinctions, and more.). Can you make a distinction between Mind-Matrix Objects and Being?  Do you see that Being is real and Mind-Matrix Objects are illusory?  

Ask yourself this -- How is Being being augmented by Mind-Matrix Objects?

People are sucked into their thought-stories instead of seeing what's going on in reality.  When you turn the mind off, all illusions and delusions will disappear.  Remove all the belief filters from Being.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Nahm My last dream was definitely realistic.  I don't recall it, but when I woke up this morning I had half-a mind to take notes about it.  I decided not to, as I often do.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There is a good reason why people live in caves. 

To be more direct to you:

Yes, shut up and sit. 

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking