CuteCornDog

Letting My Emotions Control My Actions

14 posts in this topic

I have concluded that I let my emotions control my actions.

This is not good.

Why I was considering suicide even though I decided against it already.

The past few years have been really bad for me.

Living in an abusive environment plus been unable to bond with other people.

Parents divorced.

Friendships starting and ending.

Legal crap too.

Unable to get a job as well.

Best pet I'm ever going to have died.

Edited by CuteCornDog

@CuteCornDog i too am controlled by emotions, but its not a great idea to continue the same.... 

We need more of self acceptance dude... We need to stop playing victim, we need to die without regrets... 

@CuteCornDog Glad to hear you're back! That is a rough few years!!! With respect to reactional thinking and actions, I used to be right there man. I found that meditation helped, especially when I could hear some shit going on and I wanted to go "solve" or "right" it. I was committed to the meditation so I would finish out my 22 minutes. I found that shit I was hearing....didn't need anything from me, I just thought it did. I started to see just how much everything kept right the fuck on going without any interaction from me at all. It became very freeing. I eventually discovered that where reactional thinking ends, creative thinking begins. It did require me to focus on what I wanted in my life, but that was made very easy by the practice of daily meditation, as it slowed my thoughts and removed the shitty emotion tree I had connected with those thoughts. When I spend the time to raise my consciousness, my perspective, the bird's eye view made things so much clearer and easier. With out all that weight, I just naturally started to feel creative. I'm not using the word creative here like I painted murals and got into interior design. I mean I felt creative about my life. The job I was 'stuck in' suddenly appeared to me as simply one in a million arbitrary jobs. It became clear that I could pick from millions of jobs. It became clear to me that my relationships were all relative to me and that I had the ability to be what I wanted to be, and that ever person I interacted with was always and solely offering the them that matched that me.  When I changed the me, all the them's changed too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@CuteCornDog Glad to hear you're back! That is a rough few years!!! With respect to reactional thinking and actions, I used to be right there man. I found that meditation helped, especially when I could hear some shit going on and I wanted to go "solve" or "right" it. I was committed to the meditation so I would finish out my 22 minutes. I found that shit I was hearing....didn't need anything from me, I just thought it did. I started to see just how much everything kept right the fuck on going without any interaction from me at all. It became very freeing. I eventually discovered that where reactional thinking ends, creative thinking begins. It did require me to focus on what I wanted in my life, but that was made very easy by the practice of daily meditation, as it slowed my thoughts and removed the shitty emotion tree I had connected with those thoughts. When I spend the time to raise my consciousness, my perspective, the bird's eye view made things so much clearer and easier. With out all that weight, I just naturally started to feel creative. I'm not using the word creative here like I painted murals and got into interior design. I mean I felt creative about my life. The job I was 'stuck in' suddenly appeared to me as simply one in a million arbitrary jobs. It became clear that I could pick from millions of jobs. It became clear to me that my relationships were all relative to me and that I had the ability to be what I wanted to be, and that ever person I interacted with was always and solely offering the them that matched that me.  When I changed the me, all the them's changed too. 

I don't know how to meditate.

It seems too difficult to me.

Posting a thread like this was really helpful for me.

Thanks for the response. ^_^

For me watching Leo's video on training (called "No Growth Possible Without Training") really helped me realise how to achieve what I wanted. Realising what I imagine my life to be like (having a clear purpose) helps me achieve my goals. When in the past I felt depressed, I usually hoped for it to just go away, or distracted myself with something to not be haunted by my issues. Eventually, I came to realise that doing this doesn't solve anything. If I give into my desires all the time and spend my entire life pleasing myself, how can I possibly expect something to change? Going through this process of conquering my "ego", as I like to call it, I'm discovering that actual change doesn't come free, nor does it come cheap. It requires a lot of effort on my part. I hope you'll be able to take something from my story, phrasing is still a challenge for me.

3 hours ago, Maarten said:

For me watching Leo's video on training (called "No Growth Possible Without Training") really helped me realise how to achieve what I wanted. Realising what I imagine my life to be like (having a clear purpose) helps me achieve my goals. When in the past I felt depressed, I usually hoped for it to just go away, or distracted myself with something to not be haunted by my issues. Eventually, I came to realise that doing this doesn't solve anything. If I give into my desires all the time and spend my entire life pleasing myself, how can I possibly expect something to change? Going through this process of conquering my "ego", as I like to call it, I'm discovering that actual change doesn't come free, nor does it come cheap. It requires a lot of effort on my part. I hope you'll be able to take something from my story, phrasing is still a challenge for me.

Good first post.

On 12. 9. 2017 at 5:26 PM, Nahm said:

@CuteCornDog I eventually discovered that where reactional thinking ends, creative thinking begins. It did require me to focus on what I wanted in my life, but that was made very easy by the practice of daily meditation, as it slowed my thoughts and removed the shitty emotion tree I had connected with those thoughts. 

What kind of meditation did you do to achieve that effect, and how long did it take to set in? I'd like to get there, but it hasn't shown in my practice much. 

@CuteCornDog It's great to see you again, even though you've probably never seen me xD.  I have a few suggestions for you to help get over this, because similarly to you I was once controlled heavily by my emotions, but now I very rarely am, but I'm not perfect and still working on it. So I would say: 

1. Develop a daily meditation and self inquiry habit, to allow yourself to find out who YOU really is. ( you will see long-term results)
  2. Watch spiritual teachers e.g. Rupert Spira talk about anger, you can search him up on youtube and that will help immediately and if you apply his teaching the effect this will have on you will be profound! ( you will gain long-term results + some short term also)
  3. Always be mindful of your emotions, meaning that you question them in a calm manner. E.g. Who is experiencing this anger? Where is this thing? (Don't want to spoil the pudding for you, so try it yourself) Rupert will teach you more about this.  (short-term results + long term)
  4.  Have some relaxing activities and hobbies this will lower your stress and anger and increase your happiness. (will provide short-term results)
  5. Be thankful for all the good things in your life. This will increase your happiness and lower your stress (over the long-term).
  6. Find some great friends to positive people to hang out with. This will increase the amount of positive thoughts you have, and this will provide you with a good activity to release your negative emotions. 
  7. Read self help-books. E.g. The Sedona Method this should help you to develop a technique which helps you to release which ever negative emotion you may be experiencing.
  8. HANG IN THERE! And good luck!:D

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

1 hour ago, Elisabeth said:

What kind of meditation did you do to achieve that effect, and how long did it take to set in? I'd like to get there, but it hasn't shown in my practice much. 

I understand where you're coming from and why you ask that, but my story is not relative really. Just committ to your story. Meditate every day when you wake up. Then again in the afternoon. When you notice thoughts, just return your focus to your breathing. Practice breathe awareness 24/7. Eat healthy. Get in shape. Transcend thinking, to awareness. You are a student of letting go now. It's a life long art. You're an artist now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I am not sure if you are looking for advice, but if yes then I feel like reading "The Millionaire Fastlane" by MJ DeMarco would be of great benefit to you. It can give you a solid foundation for money making and every other thing you are willing to do in life. It will change your mindset.

Edited by Girzo