Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timotheus

Share What Aided You In Your Self Inquiry

5 posts in this topic

Make sure to also watch the second part!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

the book 'I AM THAT" by Maharaj took my self inquiry game on a different level. I never particularly liked self inquiry. But now self inquiry happens spontaneously almost every hour.  

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Sitting with teachers, reading Nisargadatta and Ramana, listening to Adyashanti, sitting in silence, inquiring myself, suffering, life.

I started realizing more and more that the Mind-Matrix, Monkey Mind, and Ego are not part of me as I once thought they were.  The Mind makes you think it is you.  It hunkers down front and center in your Being, imposing itself by setting up rabbit-holes everywhere, causing what we call "Monkey Mind", setting up the Ego Paradigm, and tricking you into thinking "the voice" is you.  I discovered this doing "Do Nothing" meditation when I saw that there are times that thoughts disappear, yet I still exist, so I am not the Mind.  The Mind is not me.  The Mind is more like an intruder.  You gotta be mindful of how the Mind augments Being.  Be mindful of these augmentations and how they are attached to or clung to.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor