Jani

Jim Carrey Talking Spiritual And Causing Confusion

57 posts in this topic

"I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer."

- Jim Carrey

Quite a popular quote, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. He's out here spreading some truth.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

He sounds ridiculous.  These aren't the things you say at a celebrity get together.  If they wanted to interview someone about enlightenment, they could approach the Dalai Lama or another spiritual leader.  Just spouting off nonsense on TV makes him look like an idiot that might be tripping balls one to many times. 9_9

30 minutes ago, smd said:

He sounds ridiculous.  These aren't the things you say at a celebrity get together.  If they wanted to interview someone about enlightenment, they could approach the Dalai Lama or another spiritual leader.  Just spouting off nonsense on TV makes him look like an idiot that might be tripping balls one to many times. 9_9

Is that so? What about this?

This dude is far from crazy. Thanks to Jim, this guy finally had the balls to come out of that closeth. 

Don't be f*cking blind, and try to see how Jim (and now this guy) has people talking about this whole thing. 

Keep your projections for your own life sheep.

@Visionary You're calling me "Sheep" because....I'm not following the dogma?? 

Since last year, when the worm turned on spirituality, the amount of enlightenment dogma coming from every direction is continuous.  I don't need to be reminded on a daily basis or by anyone.   It's turning into a belief system.  I'm not following the masses in that direction, so I'm not sure how that makes me a sheep, sheep. :)

9 minutes ago, smd said:

@Visionary You're calling me "Sheep" because....I'm not following the dogma?? 

Since last year, when the worm turned on spirituality, the amount of enlightenment dogma coming from every direction is continuous.  I don't need to be reminded on a daily basis or by anyone.   It's turning into a belief system.  I'm not following the masses in that direction, so I'm not sure how that makes me a sheep, sheep. :)

If i'm correct, the mass is still calling this man a lunatic. And honestly, I don't know which dogma you're talking about. You're just projecting your shit on that man. Just like most people here.

Where do you see enlightenment dogma? I don't understand. 

5 minutes ago, Visionary said:

If i'm correct, the mass is still calling this man a lunatic. And honestly, I don't know which dogma you're talking about. You're just projecting your shit on that man. Just like most people here.

Where do you see enlightenment dogma? I don't understand. 

I went into the Comments section of those YouTube videos where Carrey is talking about his Tetrahedrons...haah.  The comments were condemning the lady who asked how he was doing when he began spouting off nonsense.  From what I can tell, there was no condemnation of Carrey.  There was condemnation of the lady holding the mic!   And you're doing it now when you accuse me of being a sheep because I think Carrey is full of shit.  That is my opinion & not the opinion of the "masses".   That YouTube video link you sent is dogmatic as hell.  YouTube is riddled with it.  Netflix is carrying it with the latest Rammed Ass documentary.   The stuff is everywhere so I'm not sure how you are not seeing it.  Maybe you're not looking?   I can see it up into my eyeballs.  Again, I don't need to be reminded & I can still think Carrey is an idiot. 9_9

Just now, smd said:

I went into the Comments section of those YouTube videos where Carrey is talking about his Tetrahedrons...haah.  The comments were condemning the lady who asked how he was doing when he began spouting off nonsense.  From what I can tell, there was no condemnation of Carrey.  There was condemnation of the lady holding the mic!   And you're doing it now when you accuse me of being a sheep because I think Carrey is full of shit.  That is my opinion & not the opinion of the "masses".   That YouTube video link you sent is dogmatic as hell.  YouTube is riddled with it.  Netflix is carrying it with the latest Rammed Ass documentary.   The stuff is everywhere so I'm not sure how you are not seeing it.  Maybe you're not looking?   I can see it up into my eyeballs.  Again, I don't need to be reminded & I can still think Carrey is an idiot. 9_9

I think you need to search up on the definition of dogma. You're pointing to the symbolic function of language. There is quiet a difference between the two. 

Good luck with your view on life.

@blazed  It's not talking, it's typing & I'm a very fast typist.  You're telling me that my thought process is wrong & then giving instructions. Seriously?  I didn't think it was that important that I thought Carrey was an idiot. ^_^

i'm here just to say that it makes no sense discussing about the awakening process of someone else. and it gets even dumber when there's arguing involved. only jim carrey knows how it feels to be jim carrey.

unborn Truth

I think it's great to see such a massive celebrity throwing some "breadcrumbs" about "existential truth" out in the mass media. It's not just pearl for the swines. Sure, most people will dismiss Jim as a celebrity gone insane, but surely, someone will be more open and receptive to the message Jim is trying to convey. Everyone has to walk the path themselves, and Jim might initiate someone to start slowly walking the path.

I like Jim's style, one one hand he's having fun and trolling around, on the other hand he's just so on point about what he's saying. That fashion show is the most meaningless thing you can find:)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

I think Jim just summarises how fragile and temporary our life is - funniest artist of the world, turned his job into constant fun and yet ended up in deep depression.

Guys, watch your projections, name-calling, and finger-pointing.

The Devil is going a great job working this thread ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Vulnerability" and Distraction.

The Mask, The Truman Show, Liar Liar. Not saying he is necessarily like that in everyday life, but why act all the time on TV as well.