Viking

How To Avoid Physical/mental Damage From Consciousness Work?

10 posts in this topic

I am letting my monkey mind take over this topic.

it is well known that consciousness work has a lot of absolutely ridiculous side effects good and bad. some of these I think have to potential of damaging the body, like kundalini stuff, and some could maybe fuck someone up mentally like going insane (maybe monkey mind theorizing or something else).

can consciousness work cause brain damage?

am I talking nonsense here?

What precautions should I take in order to not go insane/break my neck?

I've had a similar issue: I think the issue lies with associating insanity, brain damage, or illness like schizophrenia or psychosis with an extremely negative connotation/fear. These concepts are mental projections. If you decided or felt you were schizo and behaved as such (acted), you probably could "become insane", no consciousness work required. 

Therefore my intuition is that allowing yourself to be crazy and insane (admit that you are), you can gain a deeper connection with your own mind, and is a key hurdle in development. Sanity is a set of standards. 

Any advice would also be appreciated, its a problem I'm going though myself. 

If anything consciousness work/spirituality will eventually free you from mental disorders and illusions besides over-abusing some psychedelics like MDMA i don't think you can physically damage your brain form this kind of work as long as you keep a balance and ground yourself from time to time but even then its extremely unlikely.

I used to be so far beyond this world when i first had my awakening, i couldn't possible imagine living or even talking with other humans anymore, now to everyone else i may have appeared insane at the time but to me i knew what i knew from divine touch/order so it didn't bother me nor effected me in any way because i didn't allow illusion to interfere with my experience.

Eventually i tuned back down in order to be able to vibe with everyone else whilst keeping my direct connection to source, this can be very challenging after trying to fit in but even if you end up almost completely losing yourself again, the connection still remains and you are always one level up to were you were before so your lowest point here still exceeds your highest point before.

So many things happened to me since my first major connection but even at the darkest of illusion i am still much more in order and in balance than i used to be in the past and i can pick myself back up very quickly within days where in the past it would take months/years to recover.

When one person suffers from delusions, we call it a mental illness.

When society suffers from delusions, we call it being normal.

B R E A T H E

@Ilya A good answer might be, why are you thinking about that? You know you experience what you focus on, and this is likely not a beneficial place to point yourself. It will only bring more of the same. What do you like? What do you want? What is your vision for yourself? Let's hear about that. All day. Really. Might even get some repetition going. Some of it will start to happen, probably in ways that could only be explained in hindsight.   Next thing you know, somebody's going to being asking you about your happiness, and you're going to have to start saying things like "I told you I was crazy" and "don't believe me".  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you take it to an extreme, yes.  If you socially isolate yourself and live a mentally unhealthy lifestyle I believe that, yes, you can cause serious psychological harm to yourself.  

I have had the same fear, and have learned the best way to deal with this is to research your tools of consciousness work very well, to become strategic about it, learn from teachers, become aware of its traps, etc. Again, I think the most important is to fully inform yourself and go about it strategically. You are very right that if misused, these tools can be quite dangerous. Not just kundalini, but 5-meo, even yoga. These are powerful tools, and with great power, it requires a lot of responsibility. 

Sadhguru once had a boy come to him. One day the boy was walking down the street, and he sees a man doing a head stand. So he gets very fascinated by yoga and performs this himself. Then one fine day, he gets angry over nothing, and he hit his mom with a stick. The villagers didn't know what to do so they just tied him up, but sadhguru knew right away that he was just misinformed and not advanced enough for that yoga pose.

@Maxx How do you prevent these things from happening?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus