Just Do Nothing

Do You Really Want Enlightenment?

22 posts in this topic

Does one really want to be all alone?

Lost in a world which the egos own? 

What was created 'they' claim is theirs

Ones climbed to high and destroyed the stairs

Just be happy :) Some horrors cannot be unseen. Love you all! 

Good question. I've recently realised I do not want it. Yet there's always this fascination. I only work from that, which is truth wanting to show itself. So It doesn't really matter what I want. 

Seriously though. Ever since I decided to not give a shit about enlightenment anymore, my practices have gone through the roof. I'm happy the way it is right now, so what exactly is it that I'm chasing anyway? Let it play itself out. There's a natural pull towards truth, and you can choose to sabotage that or not. Either way it's fine by me. 

The funny thing is. If you say you want enlightenment, you're instantly rejecting it. What is it that wants it? Why does it want it?
Before you truly realise you really do not want it, and fully understand why, you won't see it.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Good question. I've recently realised I do not want it. Yet there's always this fascination. I only work from that, which is truth wanting to show itself. So It doesn't really matter what I want. 

Seriously though. Ever since I decided to not give a shit about enlightenment anymore, my practices have gone through the roof. I'm happy the way it is right now, so what exactly is it that I'm chasing anyway? Let it play itself out. There's a natural pull towards truth, and you can choose to sabotage that or not. Either way it's fine by me. 

The funny thing is. If you say you want enlightenment, you're instantly rejecting it. What is it that wants it? Why does it want it?
Before you truly realise you really do not want it, and fully understand why, you won't see it.

True say sometimes it's best to stop asking questions and just live in the moment. I very much like the multiverse theory anyway ;) 

Everybody that wants enlightenment is seduced by the idea of a life without problems, without suffering, absolute bliss, this sound perfect.

But nobody thinks about the toll they have to pay. They want the beautifulness of enlightenment but conserving all atachments and samskaras, and that's impossible.

21 minutes ago, Moreira said:

Everybody that wants enlightenment is seduced by the idea of a life without problems, without suffering, absolute bliss, this sound perfect.

But nobody thinks about the toll they have to pay. They want the beautifulness of enlightenment but conserving all atachments and samskaras, and that's impossible.

Personally I don't want or care for any of these things, I just want to be liberated from ignorance.  

The pursuit of enlightenment for happiness has always been a real head scratcher for me.  

Edited by Real Eyes

14 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

Personally I don't want or care for any of these things, I just want to be liberated from ignorance.  

The pursuit of enlightenment for happiness has always been a real head scratcher for me.  

Your ego doesnt want to be ignorant, but thats a rule of life.  We have to play the game of being a ignorant human. Every truth will be revealed after death when we will become infinity.

I dont believe it is possible to be liberated from ignorance while being alive.

Edited by Moreira

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

to know we have no end and that all is well while still living this life is as sweet as i have experienced

This. If anyone talks about enlightenment as if it even remotely is a bad thing, you can know that they have not had their real first glimpse.

The joy of love is utterly magnificent.

Yet ego, which is based on denial of the self, out of conditioned fear, will of course like to project it's misery onto that, because it's the very thing it's afraid of.

That alone feeling when you get a taste of enlightenment is the most home and complete you will ever feel.

B R E A T H E

Enlightenment is liberation from the Mind.  It will blow up the outside world and the inside world.  Make a distinction between what though is versus what it's pretending to be.  Be able to pull the Mind-augmentation out of Being so you can see them side by side.  Awareness alone is curative.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, Moreira said:

Your ego doesnt want to be ignorant, but thats a rule of life.  We have to play the game of being a ignorant human. Every truth will be revealed after death when we will become infinity.

I dont believe it is possible to be liberated from ignorance while being alive.

How can you know this for sure?  Many mystics would claim the opposite, that if you do not embody the truth in this life, you will be cast into the cycle of transmigration again and again until you finally figure it out during life.  In fact this is the opinion of the great majority of mystics from the East.  

They could be wrong of course, but maybe they are right.  Claiming one way or the other without direct knowledge seems unwise.

8 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

How can you know this for sure?  Many mystics would claim the opposite, that if you do not embody the truth in this life, you will be cast into the cycle of transmigration again and again until you finally figure it out during life.  In fact this is the opinion of the great majority of mystics from the East.  

They could be wrong of course, but maybe they are right.  Claiming one way or the other without direct knowledge seems unwise.

We got diferent concepts of ignorance. Of course you can achieve enlightenment and see all the non duality truth but this wont end your ignorance, never.

What I mean is that the only way to see how the universe works is becoming the creation itself. 

Remember guys we are all children of the higgs boson particle, it is unknown how many of these particles exist but it does not matter. This is our true nature. 

When you're enlightened, you're never alone

Because the "you're" to be alone is gone

All the egos and the world they own

Are just the Self when you've come home.

;)

If you knew you were in the matrix. would you take the pill to wake up? or keep dreaming?

I would take both :) 

1 hour ago, cirkussmile said:

Everything "I" want is illusory. 

So what was the question again?

Will people never tire of these neo-advaitan word games?  

No, I stopped caring about enlightenment recently.  No point in worrying about it, I'm not sure I really buy into it anymore at all.  My intuition tells me not to anyway based on how I've seen people who chase the idea act.  I just meditate because I do it and it makes me feel calm, lessens neuroticism, increases intuitive thinking, and increases my self-discipline.  

Used to be in this stuff to feel legit good for once. Now that I know how to feel pretty good truth is starting to seem way more appealing.