electroBeam

What Is Awareness?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I'm very frustrated was wondering if someone could help me. 

People say that awareness is made out of nothing, is endless/infinite and apparently not hidden from sight but is the thing that produces your sensory experience.

I've tried to find it for ages now, and cannot find it!

I'm getting to the point where I'm very skeptical that this weird awareness even exists at all.

It's almost a fact for me now that sensory things like sound and vision don't come from awareness but just exist out of no where. That's it. There is literally nothing behind it, it's just there.

I don't see it being infinite. It has the potential to be infinite, but it's not at this present time. The sensory experience is not being projected on this canvas called awareness, the experience is awareness that's it. 

I cannot see this void or awareness at all. I have a strong longing for the truth and its killing me to hear people talk about stuff that is literally impossible to see.

If anyone has seen this weird mystical awareness that is somehow endless and somehow is creating sensory experience. Can someone point me in the right direction. What about the color of a chair makes you think that there is some mystical thing in the back creating it that you obviously know is infinite how do you know it's infinite and how do you know it's creating the blue chair.

@electroBeam The awareness is the infinite love that you are. In reality, there is no other thing, so you'll never be able to observe what you actually are. That would require you to be a seperate thing,  observing the first thing. Since there is no second thing, and everything is you / you are everything, you can never know even one facet or detail or description about you. You have only temporarily forgotten the cosmic joke; thinking is the setup, awareness is the punchline. Awareness can't be thought of or observed. It's like trying to find a flashlight with a flashlight. Just be the light. You remember. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@electroBeam

Well, are you, or are you not aware right now?

If your answer is yes, it seems like something is able to locate this awareness. Otherwise, the answer would have been no, right?

So there it is, you do see it. You don't have to search for anything. It's already here, everywhere, simply being aware. 

Edited by DoubleYou

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Hey guys.

I'm very frustrated was wondering if someone could help me. 

People say that awareness is made out of nothing, is endless/infinite and apparently not hidden from sight but is the thing that produces your sensory experience.

I'm getting to the point where I'm very skeptical that this weird awareness even exists at all.

It's almost a fact for me now that sensory things like sound and vision don't come from awareness but just exist out of no where. That's it. There is literally nothing behind it, it's just there.

I don't see it being infinite. It has the potential to be infinite, but it's not at this present time. The sensory experience is not being projected on this canvas called awareness, the experience is awareness that's it. 

I cannot see this void or awareness at all. I have a strong longing for the truth and its killing me to hear people talk about stuff that is literally impossible to see.

If anyone has seen this weird mystical awareness that is somehow endless and somehow is creating sensory experience. Can someone point me in the right direction. What about the color of a chair makes you think that there is some mystical thing in the back creating it that you obviously know is infinite how do you know it's infinite and how do you know it's creating the blue chair.

This YOU that you talk about.. What would you call yourself? What is experiencing?

Is there any distance between the thing you are experiencing and yourself?

You say that it starts to exist out of nowhere but where is this nowhere?

15 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Of course you can't. And you never will. Because what you're looking for doesn't exist. THAT'S THE POINT! That's what you're looking for. Like I said before, you are looking for a needle in a haystack, and finding the needle means realizing there is no needle.

It doesn't exist.

That's right. Out of NOWHERE. That's it. There's literally nothing behind it.

I cannot see this void or awareness at all.

It's nothing, so it cannot be seen. It's the "space" within which all your experience is happening.

If anyone has seen this weird mystical awareness that is somehow endless and somehow is creating sensory experience.

The problem here is that's you're looking for a weird mystical awareness (an idea) rather than entering a state of not-knowing and just being aware of the present moment.

You cannot think or see your way to awareness. Awareness is utterly empty. It's basically non-existent. You need to stop thinking about it, stop trying to work towards some idea of it, and just be conscious of what ACTUALLY is.

Be conscious right now. Put your awareness on awareness itself. Drop all your ideas of what it is and just be conscious of what is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Awareness is used in two different ways.  There's a difference between awareness in the sense of paying attention, and awareness as a synonym for Being.  Sometimes I hear people use awareness to mean Being, which is very different to the sense of awareness meaning something like mindfulness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I had a big taste of awareness yesterday. At least I had an amazing breakthrough in my meditation practice. I literally became things around me, although from the same perspective, but stopped identifying with my head or thoughts. My head became empty, and I felt I was at different places, I litterary felt that I was 2 meters in front of Edvard.. I also, for many minutes experienced utter peace and also joy, but still emptyness. Almost like some notion one may have of heaven. 

How it happened. When I meditate, I tend to experiment and shift between different techniques. Sometimes I try to let everything happen, and really embodying the idea that we don't have free will. I feel that helps, and sometimes I'm a little more focused on releasing thoughts a bit more actively. But embodying all sorts of concepts, especially Leo's videos abaut moralization is something I can recommend. I watched it some days ago, and to embody what he said was a large piece in the puzzle for me. 

I found that embodying what he was saying in those videos could be really effective when meditating. Because they really are enlightenment truths. Stopping to moralize also goes for putting awareness on your own moralization. Meaning that everything that happens is what should be. If you get upset over yourself, or try to create strict rules that your mind says you SHOULD follow, you are fighting a losing battle against reality. The last days I embodied this in different ways. Ie. you probably have thoughts that you don't want to think, yet sometimes they appear. The problem is that you may subconsciously view those thoughts as morally wrong, and you suppress them. You may even, without knowing it fear those thoughts. What I, from my experience, found was that this is a huge hindrance. So what I did was that I almost intentionally made all sorts of dirty and horrible thoughts, which I had never wanted to think my whole life arise. I just let everything come in and out, having absolutely ZERO moral obligations. I dropped every meaning, and my awareness had a change.

Some days later (last night), I really focused on the present moment. The paradox is that your mind wants to seek something in the future but the future NEVER arrives. You have to drop everything and «lazer focus» your awareness closer and closer to the true present. The hard thing about this is that it takes effort, but the feeling of effort, frustration and anxiety is a good indication that you're far from the present. At some point you have to stop caring about whether you get enlightened, because in the end it's all about enjoying what already is here right now, as you're seeing it for the first time.

What has also helped for me is doing a concentration technique: lazer focus on one specific sensation for like 2-5-30 mins, i.e.

simply awakeness... without mumbo jumbo shiddis (or shittis 9_9)

A lot of the things we say about awareness is just semantics. Really a lot of words and ways people describe it all point to the same thing. A simplified way to view it is that awareness = realization.