Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuteCornDog

Gaining Control Over My Emotions

5 posts in this topic

I have a crazy older brother, and I don't know how to control my emotions.

On 09/09/2017 at 1:21 PM, CuteCornDog said:

I have a crazy older brother, and I don't know how to control my emotions.

http://thework.com/en

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@CuteCornDog Sorry but isn't the answer obvious? You just said you have a crazy older brother.So Do you live your life out with this brother? or become financially independent and cut him off/ spend less time with him?  To the point where you are no longer being provoked?

I wonder which is the correct answer, hmm..... xD

Also, develop a daily meditation habit. And, become mindful of the anger when it arises, a good video that helped me out a lot is the one below, now I rarely get angry. Since, I've put what Rupert said in to application. 

Edited by The Monk

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

@The Monk It's an interesting video, but what in hell type of anger is it that you can control?  If I get angry, I won't see it until I'm already in the thick of it.  At that point, I'm only back-peddling to get myself out of it.

Oftentimes, if I find someone trying to annoy me, my first question before I get angry is "What do they want?" and then "Where are they coming from?" If I can answer those two questions, I'll avoid a shit-fit.

However, some things are just born out of frustration, like being stuck for days in flooded areas during Hurricane Harvey & having to wonder if we'll run out of food.  It's easy to get mad and start yelling at the four walls for better days!

Edited by smd
typo