Viking

When Does Enlightenment=physical Death?

7 posts in this topic

I heared that highly enlightened people have to keep some desire in order to not physically die, how true is that? how highly enlightened should a person get to be in that state? can you expand on that? why arent people like sadhguru for example dead?

I don't think that's true. I don't see how it would even work. Osho said that he was surprised every morning when he woke up that he was still there but he didn't have to consciously try not to die.

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

there's nothing right nor wrong with existing. i am simply here.

the idea that a person who embodies Truth dies physically comes from the limitations of human language.

the teachings about letting go of desires are supposed to drive the seeker towards a state of contentment. the process does feel like death though.

in the end, there's nothing wrong with desires. but attachment to desires cause suffering.

unborn Truth

check that out, that's what i meant more or less

@Shiva This is your answer to your question about what law of attraction is, and how it works. 

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

When you walk through the forest and you notice a bear is hiding right next to you in the bushes, you'll begin to sweat, your heart rate will increase significantly, adrenaline gets released and many more physical reactions happen. Some people would even die as a consequence of the shock.

Now imagine you didn't notice that bear. None of these things would happen. Although the circumstances are still the same. The bear is still there.

This means you are creating all these physical reactions. But to create them a bear is not even necessary. You can get the same reactions just by watching a horror movie.

This seems obvious of course. But normally we are not aware of it.

Now if this is the case it seems very plausible that a very intense experience such as enlightenment can produce physical reactions of your body that can kill you.

LOA functionality requires clarity in what is real and what is illusion. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Ilya said:

I heared that highly enlightened people have to keep some desire in order to not physically die, how true is that? how highly enlightened should a person get to be in that state? can you expand on that? why arent people like sadhguru for example dead?

@Ilya I've read stories about that too. But what enlightened person would release his body before it's intended time,

Besides, where could he go when he's already everywhere?  :D