Fer Lazo

Deepak & Eckhart In Los Angeles, Ca

13 posts in this topic

Anybody going to go see Deepak Chopra & Eckhart Tolle in Awakening to Higher Consciousness this February 27th in Los Angeles, CA?

My girlfriend and I will be attending. Just wondering if any self-actualizers will go. 

deepak-chopra-and-eckhart-tolle-tickets_

Edited by Fer Lazo

@Fer Lazo dang, I wish i could go. Im from la but helping my sister out that night. Maybe we can attend another event together sometime soon?

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

Is anybody here very familiar with Deepak Chopra? He sounds interesting,but from the little I know of him, he seems to integrate pseudoscience into what would otherwise be sound advice. Am I off the mark here?

1 hour ago, Saitama said:

Is anybody here very familiar with Deepak Chopra? He sounds interesting,but from the little I know of him, he seems to integrate pseudoscience into what would otherwise be sound advice. Am I off the mark here?

I would encourage you to check out his stuff yourself. Hating Deepak is an easy and trendy thing to do these days. I think his ideas and messages are sound, though a lot of people have problems with some of the language he uses. Particularly the high priests of science. 

Edited by Arman

@Arman Alright,I'll check it out. I've heard him talk; is he speaking loosely when he suggests quantum level phenomena play a significant role in healing oneself, or is that merely a tool to facilitate the mindset?

1 minute ago, Saitama said:

@Arman Alright,I'll check it out. I've heard him talk; is he speaking loosely when he suggests quantum level phenomena play a significant role in healing oneself, or is that merely a tool to facilitate the mindset?

I can't speak for him, though I would personally say that he's being fairly direct in that meaning and that he's implying it in a relatively literal sense. The looseness comes in at exactly what he means by quantum level phenomena, and the nitty gritties like his personal definitions of how it interacts with consciousness. At a certain point, I think some of his words or language do become tools to facilitate a mindset, as you said, but I think it's because it's the most useful and practical way to express them.

@Saitama As a physics student find Deepak hard to follow as a lot of his work is drenched in pseudoscience.

I would avoid anyone who links quantum physics to our spirituality as these are two utterly unrelated topics, treating them as such is a distraction from truth.  

@Avi I wasn't going to attend either but decided to modify my schedule to be able to go. I will be driving from San Diego. I follow both and have read many of their books. We will probably meet at another event soon. Ill still be in this forum! :) 

@Sarah_Flagg nooo !!! I'm not able to go :(( When the next one happens we should all get together :)

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

@Sarah_Flagg that is great! I'm sure it is going to be an spectacular talk. Where will you be seated at? I would love to say hi to you!! :) 

I'm seating on the left balcony!!