WaterfallMachine

After Non Duality Experience

5 posts in this topic

What is this?

Is this related to the mindfulness or what?

I had this big acceleration of the feeling of peacefulness one day. I can't explain it perfectly enough —but  I experienced that all meaning in life is just made by the human mind. But instead of creating a feeling of emptiness — it allowed a freedom to what I wanted to do in my life. It's not perfectly sustained — sometimes I have to work to get it back. But it sticks around more— even for hours straight. 

After that — I notice I eat less — sometimes I even skip breakfast without feeling that hungry. And when I do eat breakfast — it tends to be smaller portions. The food throughout the day is in smaller portions too. I sleep less — often 7  hours a day or even less at times and for most of the next day, I feel alert. Though, with the exception of spending too much time with people — lots of work needs to be done in teams these days where I am — but even with that amount, it still seems to have more energy than before.

I had this experience recently that lasted for a day — that involved tearing through most of my life's assumptions of how great I was in one painful ripping. I fell asleep exhausted for more than 2 hours. After a certain point — everything just seemed different. . . Usually when I get to states like this, it shocks me. Depresses me. Terrifies me. Disturbs me. Disgusts me. Angers me.

But instead of that I just got . . . used to it.

What happened?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Being cannot be put into words, but I'll bite.  Keep in mind that all language is a duality, and so is all thought.  Imagine seeing all of the ways that the mind augments reality, and then imagine *living in* the residue when all of that is released or clung to much more loosely.  It's hard to *see* Being if you are tightly stuck in the Ego Paradigm.

You have to understand how the mind colors reality, and then you have to separate *yourself* from all of that coloration. The end result of this work is Being.  And Being just is.  Trying to explain Being in words is like trying to communicate the joy of eating a candy bar to somebody born without taste buds.  And the attempt to do so may cause more harm than good because people would cling to the ideas of Being, which is 100 miles away from what Being is. 

Even to use the word Being or to say that Being is, we are dealing in dualities.  Being is no-thing.  But this is a duality too.  If we're gonna communicate in language, we have to use the limitations of the mind.  Duality is the limitation of language and of the mind when we are pointing thought at Being.  It's like 2-dimensional space trying to capture 3-dimensional space.  

By arms-lengthing the mind, the Ego dissolves into Being.  This is accomplished by raising Awareness.  Awareness is seeing through all of the Ego's traps like a magician seeing through his own magic tricks -- understanding how the Ego works to conceal Being.  When the ego expands outward by opening up enough, it dissolves into Being.   Let the Ego Paradigm crumble due to its own weight, and feel the relief and release from that.  Then, you might be at the doorstep of fully *seeing* and appreciating Being.

You get to Being by breaking through Ego.

Videos on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor @Nahm

Thanks for the descriptions. :)

Unfortunately, I've been going through one of those ripping out identity sequences again a day after I posted this and I'm still stuck with it.

Damn.

Here we go again. . .

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates