The Monk

Why Does Racism Exist?

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, why does racism exist and how does it affect the mind  and life of the person being racist?

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

23 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Hey guys, why does racism exist and how does it affect the mind  and life of the person being racist?

Duality; Suffering!

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@The Monk Reality has infinite perspectives. Every incarnation of God has a different perspective. Racism is just one. There's no need to understand why. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

3 hours ago, Deep said:

@The Monk Reality has infinite perspectives. Every incarnation of God has a different perspective. Racism is just one. There's no need to understand why. 

You could say theres a need as we could look at the shadow side of our collective consciousness and work at how to improve ourselves and the reasons why we bring such pain upon ourselves, in an effort to improve ourselves and not make the same mistakes and fall into the same traps we have done for many years. Racism is one way we separate ourselves and a real understanding of this can help us to truly become one through understanding. 

What youre saying is fine but doesnt really add to the question 

@Consept I still don't understand how that explains it.

@Consept Okay I'll elaborate why I think racism exists. 

1. Racists are identified with the body, mind, intellect, and ego. They can't rise above that, unless they have a spiritual experience. If you go up to a racist and tell them they are God and so is everyone else, would they believe you?

2. Some people have recently reincarnated from animals. Survival of the fittest is their favorite game. Anything that doesn't look like them is a threat. That's why all of us are at different levels of consciousness. If someone is an idiot, an idiotic view of the world would satisfy them. They wouldn't have problems stereotyping people. 

3. They don't choose their beliefs. The racist ego is given to them by God. 

3 hours ago, Consept said:

You could say there's a need as we could look at the shadow side of our collective consciousness and work at how to improve ourselves and the reasons why we bring such pain upon ourselves, in an effort to improve ourselves and not make the same mistakes and fall into the same traps we have done for many years. Racism is one way we separate ourselves and a real understanding of this can help us to truly become one through understanding. 

That's a Utopian idea. You can try to change your consciousness but not the world. Lord Krishna, Jesus, and Buddha were also hated by some people. That's why I said it's unnecessary to understand why. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Shiva that's really powerful concept now that I think of it. So you're saying that some people are racist due to the our instinct to survive? And only when we get rid of the identity associated with other groups that our own identity creates, then and only then can we identity others as 'human beings'. So the solution for humanity is to meditate! Right?

racism is a very wide topic but i'd say that boiling it down to us-vs-them is, most of the time, acceptable. however, that's when the racist isn't someone thoughtful. if a racist is actually quite intelligent and well read(acceptance of others is a mark of compassion not intelligence) he might come up with reasons that might actually sound, in a perverted sense, reasonable. for example: migrants from the ME have caused a spike in rape in europe>arabs are bad.

another thing you have to understand is that a racist quite often thinks in groups and not individuals. they might claim that they're for individual rights but then they'll spew stuff like average IQ statistics at you to prove that black people are dumb, for example. or maybe they'll try to prove to you that white people are all racist because of slavery and police being aggressive towards minorities.

and lastly, you have to understand that not all self-proclaimed racists are actually racists. sometimes, they're just very-very dumb people that hang out with very-very dumb people. i'm a jew and i've been called the "good kind of jew" by actual fascists because i actually treated them with some level of respect.

i suggest you find out why people are racist by doing your own research. talk to reactionaries and realize that they're all extremists but with different coat of paint(geddit? cuz skin color?)

The answer is fear, and who fears? The ego.

The usual arguments say those who fear foreign races:

-Fear of x race will take their jobs.

-They will take our women and we will become single forever.

-Fear of invasion and lost of cultural identity.

Some fears are delusional, some others are real like for example some races are more agressive than others.

Nationalists and extreme leftist-marxists both have a subjective deformed view of reality.

We like to think us and them. One theory is that it's to create a feeling of belonging and love with the people around us. It's not very strong, but better than nothing when people don't know what else to do and aren't aware of the whole thing.

Manipulation/Conditioning by parents, media, society ect... = Ultimately Separation from Truth/Source.

B R E A T H E