Juan Cruz Giusto

Understanding Meaning Summary

4 posts in this topic

Life is so utterly meaningless, it is meaningful.

Life Purpose is about how to construct meaning in your life. Is a construction you make! All meaning, purpose and value is constructed by the human mind and is not found in reality out there.

Meaning is relative and therefore, not absolute. Meaning is a conceptual construction and not inherited in reality. You will experience massive growth and maturity if you realize this truth but before this you will have to experience a little bit of depression and nihilism.

All meaning can only mean something for a who – a perspective or organism. There isn’t meaning in the abstract hanging around. A thing can only be meaningful for another thing; it is about benefits and harms. Who can arbitrate what is significant or not? This stuff is all relative. Significance is relative to survival, specially your own self-survival.

The problem with meanings is that they can conflict with each other. Each self has different meanings.

Why this is so significant?

-          It includes all notions to good and bad.

-          All notions of positive and negative.

-          All priorities you assign for life.

-          There is no sense of life.

-          It includes your goals, including saving humanity and so on.

-          It includes all notions of worth, including self-worth.

-          It includes notions of better and worse.

Life is meaningless! Everything you love and admire don’t have a concrete meaning. Everything is completely meaningless.

Meaning vs Meaninglessness is a duality. In Nonduality, there is no meaning. Your mind/ego projects meaning into reality to survive.

God doesn’t discriminate. For him, everything is cool. From God’s point of view, everything is Being. Being has no purpose, value or meaning. Being’s purpose is to be. And Being is infinitely more profound than meaning. When you strip meaning, you are left with Being, which is far more profound than meaning.

Meaning in your life has become toxic, far more than you need for self-survival, and you suffer because of it. When you don’t get what you want you suffer, but this suffering is created solely by you. But this process of desires and meaning will never satisfy you.

There are two ways to construct meaning

1-      Unconsciously: The process mentioned above.

2-      Consciously: When you realize the true nature of meaning, you develop the necessary maturity to create meaning consciously.

Objections

·       Isn’t it the case we see progress within evolution? Isn’t evolution progressing to something?

Progress is always towards more Being. Progress is a relative notion. Being it is what it is. Meaning will never satisfy you! Being will.

·       This is so negative!

Negative is meaning! Meaning is meaningless!

·       How am I supposed to use this?

This is incredibly practical. It will undermine your ego-driven lifestyle. If you are fully in touch with Being, you will be infinitely happy and satisfied.

·       Now there is no reason to take action!

There was never a reason to do anything. If you act from Truth – without needing anything – you will do things you intend to do. You are free to play the game however you want. You can grind through life or you can free yourself and play ?

·       Should I have no value nor purpose?

No, meaning, value and purpose are still necessary. Life Purpose is very helpful and practical. You just need to realize that this is also a construction and you will not become a slave to your purpose.

Spirituality is nihilism actualized. And spiritual people act by spiritual values but just because they realized that everything is meaningless. When you get in touch with Being, it is so awesome that you will want to be loving, happy, fulfilled, passionate, etc.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Thank you! that was helpful.

Edited by naive13

I already gave reputation to 30 posts today so I have to wait til tomorrow but thank you I love when people post their notes on videos! I'm printing and reviewing them! Thanks again!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview