YaNanNallari

My Life Purpose

2 posts in this topic

I know there is a life purpose forum but it feels more career focused so I posted here.

So I was wondering what my life purpose could be because I noticed I had trouble being fine with life being meaningless. While wondering about that I started to think one can't put value into the world. All value is essentially within the person even if he were to think something in the world is meaningful. I had just assumed one can create meanings for their life to be why they do things but now it seems fragile to me. They seem like thoughts and emotions that have no real contact with the world. So even if meanings are obviously a thing they seem to not be the basis of life purpose for me. Once I have a purpose meanings and valuing things is obviously important.

The current moment is something I do see as the most important thing. It just feels like something almost magical to enjoy and it seems like stable thing to build on. And therefore my life purpose would be to create the thing I see most relevant, the now, the best I possibly can for me and others. What the best it could be would be is something like truthful and anything that boosts getting there.

What do you guys think of this and do you have any ideas you think are cool? I also know that to some of you what I said might be really basic but it took me a while to realize this whole thing conceptually.

10 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

The current moment is something I do see as the most important thing. It just feels like something almost magical to enjoy and it seems like stable thing to build on. And therefore my life purpose would be to create the thing I see most relevant, the now, the best I possibly can for me and others. What the best it could be would be is something like truthful and anything that boosts getting there.

This reminds me of a stage I reached in my contemplations.

In essence, I realized Truth was my highest value, because all subsequent considerations are based upon it.

So, then comes truth seeking. The world that is being experienced is, in the now. Now, what am I to do with that? What is my purpose and nature and what is my reason for acting? That becomes a central question. Where should the answer come from? It must come from within the being that I seem to inhabit, otherwise the answer comes from the things that are not this being I seem to be, like other people and culture. This nature just comes to me intuitively and I articulate this nature in the form of values, which in turn affect my concrete life purpose that I formulate according to those values and other factors that seem right.

You seem to have identified one vague value here "the best I possibly can for me and others".

Hope this is of some use to you.

Edited by Huginn