Peace and Love

Transcendental Meditation For Enlightenment - What Are Your Thoughts On It?

11 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm planning to take a transcendental meditation course with a friend during the end of September.   My friend wants me to take the class with her because she wants my support and she is in need of healing from severe PTSD and other emotional traumas.

I wanted to know if anyone has ever taken this class or used transcendental meditation for healing and enlightenment????  @Leo Gura 

It seems like from what I read online that you are given some sort of specific spiritual mantra and you are repeating it over and over again internally.  I don't know, I've never done this before, so that's why I'm asking.   

Here is the website.  I went to an actual presentation last week and there is a lot of supporting research and studies showing it's effectiveness.  The lady even told me that there are quite a few people that have used this type of meditation to reach and achieve enlightenment.     It originates from India, and she was talking to me and she was using terminology that Leo often refers to his site here on actualized.org - Sages, Ahtma, Unified Consciousness, we are all one, infinity, actualization, mindfulness, enlightenment.  I felt like bells and whistles were going off here. lol   She specifically said that when you are doing transcendental meditation you are going to the highest state of consciousness, unified conscious, which helps you discover the absolute truth of who you are.  She said that we are all one, and that enlightenment is our natural state. 
http://www.tm.org/  

They have a lot of supporting research on their website and books that transcendental meditation can help with:

Reduced Stress

Reduced Anxiety

Faster Recovery from Stress

Decreased Depression

Reduced Insomnia

Lower Blood Pressure

Decreased Cholesterol

Reduced Congestive Heart Failure

Reduced Atherosclerosis/Stroke

Decreased Free Radicals

Reduced Metabolic Syndrome/Pre-Diabetes

Reduced Anxiety

@Peace and Love all accurate info.  im wondering if you are new to meditation...? TM is an organized method with a personal instuctor.  imo, it's ideal for someone who is "too busy" to get started with meditation, or who wants the efficiency and speed that can come from personal lessons.  the catch is the price, but investing in one's self is usually a good spend.  Above all though, yeah, do it to support your friend. You may discover this is how the universe is getting you there.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Peace and Love all accurate info.  im wondering if you are new to meditation...? TM is an organized method with a personal instuctor.  imo, it's ideal for someone who is "too busy" to get started with meditation, or who wants the efficiency and speed that can come from personal lessons.  the catch is the price, but investing in one's self is usually a good spend.  Above all though, yeah, do it to support your friend. You may discover this is how the universe is getting you there.   

I've done various forms of meditation but I am not familiar with transcendental meditation.  I've done meditation where angels and ascended masters were invoked into the room.  I've done hypnosis which is guided meditation.  I've done meditation while sending Reiki and energy healing to my vision board.  I've done meditation using a special spiritual mantra that was shown to me by a kundalini teacher to help deal with healing your past.

I'm willing to pay the price...whether it be money, time or both. Whatever it takes.  This is my life and my health and it is the most important.  I am ready to make that commitment.  Enlightenment is MY TOP PRIORITY. :)

4 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

My friend wants me to take the class with her because she wants my support and she is in need of healing from severe PTSD and other emotional traumas.

Let your friend do EMDR. It will be much faster than meditation and work quite instantly especially with PTSD and traumas. Research it. I've done it for other reasons and it's one of my top 5 knives when it comes to cleaning the mind / nervous system.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Azrael

11 hours ago, Azrael said:

Let your friend do EMDR. It will be much faster than meditation and work quite instantly especially with PTSD and traumas. Research it. I've done it for other reasons and it's one of my top 5 knives when it comes to cleaning the mind / nervous system.

My friend is a really severe case, (like I'm talking.....raped multiple times by various people, who knows what else happened to her) and I'm willing to try anything to help her.  She actually was advised to do EDMR by a psychologist and she told me she didn't like it.  It was actually making her more depressed surprisingly and she stopped going altogether to see this psychologist because of it.  I'm not familiar with EDMR or how it works, but I do think my friend is probably looking for the impossible....a magic wand to just make it completely disappear!  She wants to try transcendental meditation so I'm pretty much going along with it. She has done some recorded meditations online (I don't recall who she was listening to) but she did calm down and find relief.  As an outsider looking in at the situation, it appears that she needs some type of way to just control these emotions (the monkey mind).  She needs to feel that relaxed state.  (I'm crossing my fingers that this will help her.)  

@Peace and Love sorry to hear that.  so terrible.  tm will be an enormous facing of that pain most likely.  its a solid path to love but man she's gonna potentially  go through hell.  maybe a mild pill of some sort would help take the edge off so she can progress? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Peace and Love As long as your friend identifies with body-mind, it'll be hard for her to get any psychological relief. As she transcends her ego and learns to properly integrate it, she's free.

@Nahm

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Peace and Love sorry to hear that.  so terrible.  tm will be an enormous facing of that pain most likely.  its a solid path to love but man she's gonna potentially  go through hell.  maybe a mild pill of some sort would help take the edge off so she can progress? 

I'm just going to stay positive on this one, because I honestly don't know.  She's tried a lot of different things in her life and has been open.  She also happens to be a reiki master and was following the law of attraction at one point in her life.  I think as long as she is negative she will continue to feel this way no matter what treatment she receives.  I've also tried EFT with her and she has seen some results but she won't follow through with anything and stay consistent with a treatment.  She was extremely overweight and was placed in the hospital 6 months ago.  She really scared the crap out of me because I thought I was going to lose her.   But the good news is as she has lost weight I've noticed that the negativity has started to subside and she is taking action to put herself in a better situation.   That's why she wants to do the transcendental meditation and has started to read books and do research again.  I cannot even explain how different she is since her health is better and has lost the weight.  She even sent me information on a really great life/health coaching course for me to take and I'm considering taking it sometime next year.

She's actually my mom's best friend, and she is like family to me.  She probably is taking some sort of meds to help but she has a lot of severe depression and she has very very mild schizophrenia.  I know from experience working in the weight loss field that as the weight comes off you have to adjust your meds and sometimes people go off them completely.  Just going to stay positive on this one...but at the very least I will gain new knowledge and benefit from transcendental meditation.

TM is a great meditation practice in my experience.

I find it different to other techniques. With TM, I reach a state of deep relaxation and peace quickly. During this state mind is sometimes still chaotic but it's easy to let it just do its thing and remain as the background. There's no resistance to unpleasant things. The background can certainly provide a "base" for insights or spiritual realisation. 

Only way to really know is to try it for yourself. I highly recommend that you do :)

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

17 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

She wants to try transcendental meditation so I'm pretty much going along with it

@Peace and Love If she truly believes TM (specifically) will help her with the PTSD, I'd say she should go for it. Mainly because she herself suggested it. That in itself may be giving her a feeling of personal control over the PTSD. I don't know this person, but hearing a little back story, she may not trust other ppl now or their suggestions no matter how well intended and effective. She may reject it straight out or have doubt about it in the back of her mind, therefore rendering it ineffective. The bottom line here, maybe a little bit of a placebo effect is just what is needed. Plus the meditation of course. Just something to consider. Best wishes.