Joseph Maynor

I Had An Insight Regarding When You Have A Song Stuck In Your Head

10 posts in this topic

You know when you have a song stuck in your head and it just stays there going round and round.  See how this explanation resonates with you:

Having a "song" stuck in your head is an example of duality, as well as an instance of being too attached to (and clinging too much to) the Mind-Matrix.  The Mind-Matrix has individuated, or sectioned-out, from the presence of Being, some piece of a song.  And you are attaching to it, and you almost can't help but attach to it.  Again and again and again you are attaching to (or clinging to) this "sound image", which comes from the Mind-Matrix.  You actively try and release these "thoughts", and the ego says no through its behavior.  You got yourself a little war goin'-on there right?  One way to handle this is to just let the "song" burn itself out on its own.  I've had situations where I've had a "song" stuck in my head for days and days and that's what I decided to do.  The ego will chew and chew and chew on the "song" until it naturally gets sick of it, and then you'll get the release naturally.  It's like at some point the ego just gets over-satiated, like eating a pint of rocky-road ice cream everyday for 60 days in a row.  You gotta let the "song" burn-out like this sometimes, which is kinda crazy.  The conscious-mind can't just rid this "song" willfully either, not sustainably.  So, this is interesting from a free-will/ no free-will perspective too.

So, the "song" you hear in your head is an example of duality.  And it's also an example of how clinging too hard to the Mind-Matrix can torture you.  

It also shows the down-side of listening to music when you are trying to be free of Monkey-Mind.

If you wanna be in Being a lot you gotta stay clean and pure and watch your intake.  The Ego will use all of that content as fodder to create Monkey-Mind dualities which will ensnare you in 1000 ways.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yeah, this song stucking thing has bothered me for a long time. Now, whenever it happens, I can quickly recognize that it's not me and let it be as it is. Then, it disappears. It's so funny to watch sometimes how the monkey mind picks up on everything. The best solution is just let it wander and do its thing.

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

24 minutes ago, Be Yourself said:

Yeah, this song stucking thing has bothered me for a long time. Now, whenever it happens, I can quickly recognize that it's not me and let it be as it is. Then, it disappears. It's so funny to watch sometimes how the monkey mind picks up on everything. The best solution is just let it wander and do its thing.

Totally.  Trying to interfere will often-times cause a lot of ego backlash.

It is really deep to see how little control we have over the situation where we have a song stuck in our heads and can't get it out.  It is very revealing about Monkey-Mind, Ego, Mind-Matrix, Duality, Conscious-Mind, Subconscious-Mind, and all of the cool stuff that we talk about in Enlightenment theory and practice.  What I like about this is that it's a real example, not just more theory.  This is a real problem that we can inspect, like the half-crazed scientist, by getting our prodding-tool out, and actually taking a gander at what is going on there under the hood.  It's a good "where the rubber meets the road" example for Enlightenment.  We have a real phenomenon to investigate!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I get random songs stuck in my head from time to time even though i haven't listened to them for a while, i try to decode them and find a message i am being sent, i see it that way especially when i get them throughout my dreams and wake up with them in my head. I have a theory that one should listen to this song and read the lyrics it can be very interesting, this song played in the background of my dreams all night last night and this morning i decided to listen and read the lyrics i will post here just to show how interesting it could be. I always felt listening to it removed it from your head.

Oh yeah even the video has a lot of hints that we are all quite aware of >.<

For those who tread lightly who need some enlightenment
The world is what you make of it
You fill it up and break it till the pieces inside you
The pieces inside you help you find your way back home

So take it or leave it 'cause I don't believe it
And you won't receive it until you achieve it
I know that you need it I see you defeated
The growing defeated just show you're a leader
To let love flow
Till it echoes slow
And makes its way across the globe

Fly or die
Well that's the way you do it really getting by
Well what could be more stupid
'Cause before you know it, your life is over
So fly or die

Fly or die
At least you know you're living if you get too high
Well what could be more thrilling
So fly, fly fly or die

Today you're beginning the life you'll be living
And every fall and every step will take you closer to the feelings you kept deep inside you
Inside it will guide you
So keep your ear close to your heart

Well it's easy to see it but harder to say it
The harder the art is to try to relate it
Until you can play it or show and display it
To those who are waiting to stop the complaining
But let love flow
As the sun sets low
'Cause that's the only way to go

Fly or die
So fly or die

Fly or die
So fly, fly fly or die

I fly so high
I fly so high they wouldn't even know it

Fly or die
So fly or die

Fly or die
So fly, fly fly or die

I fly so high they wouldn't even know it

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Joseph Maynor thanks for mentioning.

I still remember that one time while meditating, when I first realized that weird piece of lyrics and melody in my head. Strange, artificial and so wrong in place. Somehow that realization followed me for days, making me feel like something else from outside is controlling all my thoughts and actions.

Do you recommend not listening to music?

@pluto Interesting theory, but what about all these very simple, nonsense songs that you don´t even like? :D

Whenever a song comes out of nowhere I take it as my subconscious guiding me

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

this was a good analogy. thank you for sharing it.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:46 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

If you wanna be in Being a lot you gotta stay clean and pure and watch your intake

this is a tricky one because it can end up as an attachment to being non attached. it needs really good balancing skills.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.