phoenix666

A Sudden Shift In Perception?

10 posts in this topic

something really strange happened to me yesterday:

I went swimming in the pool and as soon as I dived into the water and started crawling, it happened. I'm really not sure how to explain it, but I'll try: suddenly everything felt different. the world around me was the same, but it was like my perception of it slightly changed. it was very, very subtle, but it hit me with and undeniable force. everything felt more intense, more vivid. the way the water hugged my skin felt so soft and alive. the light-patterns in the water looked like magic and it was like my eyesight became sharper. almost like I could distinct more colors and shapes. I was fascinated by the small bubbles in the water. I was even fascinated by the dirt on the pool ground. the way my body moved was the strangest thing: I felt the movements happening, they felt elegant and in a perfect flow. yet, I had absolutely no control, I was just watching them (I was still inside the body though). like the motions came from somewhere, not from me. yet I was part of them. (uff it's frustrating, I feel like no words are good enough to explain it. no matter what I write, it's so putting distance between the words and the experience) then a smile crept across my face. 

I soon snapped out of it. It only lasted like 30-40 secs, but it was enough to make me wonder. it was so subtle, yet so powerful. I don't know, hahah 

no idea where it came from either, I meditated in the morning, but when I went to the pool I was lost in thought stories, not very aware of the breath and the present moment. so it really took me by surprise.

During my meditation today the experience continued to pop up and my mind was constantly trying to conceptualize what happened (what I just did). so I thought writing this stuff down and sharing it with you might help.

much love :)

whatever arises, love that

10 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

something really strange happened to me yesterday:

I went swimming in the pool and as soon as I dived into the water and started crawling, it happened. I'm really not sure how to explain it, but I'll try: suddenly everything felt different. the world around me was the same, but it was like my perception of it slightly changed. it was very, very subtle, but it hit me with and undeniable force. everything felt more intense, more vivid. the way the water hugged my skin felt so soft and alive. the light-patterns in the water looked like magic and it was like my eyesight became sharper. almost like I could distinct more colors and shapes. I was fascinated by the small bubbles in the water. I was even fascinated by the dirt on the pool ground. the way my body moved was the strangest thing: I felt the movements happening, they felt elegant and in a perfect flow. yet, I had absolutely no control, I was just watching them (I was still inside the body though). like the motions came from somewhere, not from me. yet I was part of them. (uff it's frustrating, I feel like no words are good enough to explain it. no matter what I write, it's so putting distance between the words and the experience) then a smile crept across my face. 

I soon snapped out of it. It only lasted like 30-40 secs, but it was enough to make me wonder. it was so subtle, yet so powerful. I don't know, hahah 

no idea where it came from either, I meditated in the morning, but when I went to the pool I was lost in thought stories, not very aware of the breath and the present moment. so it really took me by surprise.

During my meditation today the experience continued to pop up and my mind was constantly trying to conceptualize what happened (what I just did). so I thought writing this stuff down and sharing it with you might help.

much love :)

This is what you get with deep enlightenment. You can make reality feel magical for you again.

This should motivate you to work towards enlightenment!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise it really felt magical. subtle, and yet so strong. 

it does motivate me!

it's just ironic that with all the hours I spent looking, searching, wanting, working, trying, desiring.......it hit me when I was completely unconscious and lost in my usual thought stories o.OxD 

@phoenix666 This is so beautiful man!

I guess it proves that you really have no control when it will happen. It awakens by itself. Even when you're not thinking about it :)

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

Colors and objects do get more vivid. I'm on 10 months of everyday meditation with an overall of just 200 hours and I can now feel the Presence in everything much more intensively. Sometimes I walk in the street and I look at a random object and it feels so beautiful...

@Afonso wow, that's so beautiful. I hope I'll experience it more often too. it's like switching from a black and white movie to a modern 3D movie. 

That's usually how it works, it hits when you don't expect it at all. It's a good sign to, there is most likely more to come for you, these moments will most likely keep occuring until you permanently embody this state of being. You'll be able to see the beauty in everything, reality will start feeling magical again. Your starting to wake up.;)

43 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

@Afonso wow, that's so beautiful. I hope I'll experience it more often too. it's like switching from a black and white movie to a modern 3D movie. 

Exactly that's it! The whole world looks more 3-dimensional.

@Afonso I guess all nature will look jaw-dropping :x

@nightrider1435 thanks for the motivation. but that's probably one of the obstacles to overcome: once you got the taste you love it so much that you start looking for it, chasing it. it's difficult to then meditate without purpose :P