Michael569

Tai-chi

5 posts in this topic

Please share your story if you have ever tried Tai-Chi

Would you recommend it? What is your experience?  

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

My dad did some Tai-Chi for 2 years and he said it allowed him to feel more balanced and centered, like he could stand well on one foot and in difficult positions. He did it 1-2 times per week and after 3-4 month he noticed results. So yeah, I'm also curious about it myself, but that's what he noticed.

:D

My name is Douwe Geluk and i am from the city of Apeldoorn in the Netherlands. I am a teacher, 'shifu' in Tai Chi Chuan and Chi Kung.

Tai Chi Chuan or Taijiquan is an old Chinese martial art which is mainly practised for health benefits these days.  

I have students from all walks of life and they have great results by practising Tai Chi and also Chi Kung they tell me that they:

Become more balanced, have a more relaxed body, get much energy from it, development of selftrust and much, much more.

So it is well worth it to try out and practise Chinese internal martial arts.

Edited by Douwe Geluk
typed error

I went to a Chinese course and met a cool guy, he looked so balanced and at peace. Later I found out, that he practices Chi Kung. :D