Max_V

Heavy Shaking During Meditation

14 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I've noticed my body shaking heavy  after I hit the around the 40 minute mark during my meditation.

I'm not really interested in getting rid of it , but I was wondering if there is a specific cause to this.

On a side note, it doesn't matter how comfortable I sit. Even when I'm in a very pleasant armchair instead of sitting on the floor, there is still heavy shaking.

Edited by Max_V
Typo

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

That's normal. People can go crazy with meditation.

Any way, just stay conscious about it. Explore it. Because, you already know this, it is temporary.

<3

8 hours ago, Max_V said:

I've noticed my body shaking heavy  after I hit the around the 40 minute mark during my meditation.

When you start with meditation your nervous system is just from an energetic perspective like a music festival. A lot of stuff happening, a lot of shit in the system, crazy people, etc. Then when you try to sit and do nothing it's like you shut off the music and all the hippies go crazy because they can't party no more. Some people will go shortly after it and some other will stay and protest. It's the same with your nervous system. It takes some good time 'till the last hippie is gone and the festival is completely empty and everything that remains is the still, beautiful nature on that the festival was actually hosted.

Btw., I'm a big festival fan myself. We go party hard in the summer here in Germany. But this analogy kind of explains this part of the journey. ;)

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

What kind of meditation are you doing?

If you are doing anapanasati, shaking can be a sign of early level Piti.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Erlend K I'm indeed doing awareness of breath. What is Piti exactly?

@Azrael I asked for an explanation and you gave a perfect discription. Thanks man!

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Awareness of breath is anapanasati.

Piti is a powerful prāṇa phenomenon that every anapanasati practitioner experiences once their concentration reaches a certain stability. It is a sign that you are making progress. Piti develops through various stages as ones concentration sharpens. At low levels it can be painful, and cause weird body movements like shaking or twisting. At higher stages it becomes very pleasant, and can be used to enter a jhana (absorption) state by switching the object of meditation from the breath to this pleasure.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

Sounds like your meditation practice is starting to bear fruit. Good work. Stick with it now more than ever.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Be happy it's just that, it could be way worse !

Like feeling that a certain portions of your body (or the whole body) is dying/disappearing, or when your mind go insane and can't be stopped, or infinite fear coming from all directions etc ... :P

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin hahah, well I'll save that for another time :P 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V This has started after my 5meo breakthrough. It starts at the back of my neck. There are convulsions and spasms, it looks super odd from the outside but it feels absolutely amazing. 

It feels like releases of energetic stresses within our body and psyche. 

When I'm at a 10 day retreat for the first few days I'm almost shaking 2 inches off the ground and can get painful on my neck, but after a few intense shakes the shaking subsides and I'm back to just sitting still. 

Edited by JustinS

@JustinS I'm not really sure, what it is. For me it is mostly my lower back just constantly twitching. and eventually my upper back starts shaking.

Not really any good feeling coming from it though. It gets pretty uncomfortable during a 1 hour meditation session where I have commited to not move at all

But that's fine :) I will just see where it takes me.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Azrael Haha that's a perfect example. I just got back from the Oregon Eclipse Festival a few days ago so I can visualize that easily.

On 31/08/2017 at 4:05 PM, Max_V said:

Hi friends,

I'm not really interested in getting rid of it , but I was wondering if there is a specific cause to this.

On a side note, it doesn't matter how comfortable I sit. Even when I'm in a very pleasant armchair instead of sitting on the floor, there is still heavy shaking.

You are having energetic kriyas. If they stay and do not go away and if you feel an energy in your spine, and body changing you, it means you are having a kundalini awakening. I recommend reading my other post on kundalini, osychedelics and enlightenment, and doing a lot of research on the process you might be going through.

It is a long and tough process and without a map. You will surely suffer. Not trying to scare you. Just being honest

gl

I have the same too. I can feel my chest or my hands moving or jumping. I also feel like my body disappear. But didn't happen in every meditation.