Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elton

No Growth Without Training

7 posts in this topic

I'm on this journey to self actualize and its been more than 2 years now and ive haven't even been able to move to the next level I still feel i'm a nubie... 

However I'm going to go through a systematic approach to training my subconscious mind through hypnosis journalling affirmations and visualisation... I feel after creating a very strong self image the rest might fall into place cause I will have the mindset and resilience required to live up to that ego that I will create... 

Mindfulness training is my target for the next year vipassna meditation for formal practice and mindfullness for informal practice. 

Also bodyweight training and now I see everything as a trainning however I yet have to find my Lifepurpose and I will search it however long it may take...  Need to get back to the course..

9 hours ago, Elton said:

I'm on this journey to self actualize and its been more than 2 years now and ive haven't even been able to move to the next level I still feel i'm a nubie... 

However I'm going to go through a systematic approach to training my subconscious mind through hypnosis journalling affirmations and visualisation... I feel after creating a very strong self image the rest might fall into place cause I will have the mindset and resilience required to live up to that ego that I will create... 

Mindfulness training is my target for the next year vipassna meditation for formal practice and mindfullness for informal practice. 

Also bodyweight training and now I see everything as a trainning however I yet have to find my Lifepurpose and I will search it however long it may take...  Need to get back to the course..

All the stuff your saying is good, but it feels like you're just doing them because you feel thats what you should be doing and thats what will take you to a next level. It doesnt really work in linear way as you think, you wont get to a situation where you do all these things and then suddenly things change, mainly the reason for this being is thats what youre expecting to happen, so the desire is still there. What i would suggest is just do what you feel you enjoy and take action on that, so if its being a chef (just guessing from your avatar) then do all you can to make that happen, its always about the journey rather than the destination because the journey is all you really have. 

Also all the habits youre building could be positive procrastination, in that you think you have to build up all these habits before you do the things you really want to do, forget that just do what it is you want to do. You can still do the habits of course but dont put anything on hold until youre happy with your habits

@Consept subconscious training is essential. All results you get are a result of your subconscious... Thoughts cause behaviors if you want to change a behavior all you need to do is change your thoughts and then your behaviour changes automatically... 

Hehee thats just a sterile gown not a chef gown to enter into pharma production company.

It could be positive procrastination if this subconscious training is not done on a regular basis.. 

Mindfulness is one of the key skills anyone could develop for huge transitions and growth. 

2 minutes ago, Elton said:

@Consept subconscious training is essential. All results you get are a result of your subconscious... Thoughts cause behaviors if you want to change a behavior all you need to do is change your thoughts and then your behaviour changes automatically... 

Hehee thats just a sterile gown not a chef gown to enter into pharma production company.

It could be positive procrastination if this subconscious training is not done on a regular basis.. 

Mindfulness is one of the key skills anyone could develop for huge transitions and growth. 

Surly the best way to change your thoughts is to take action though. For example if i wanted to get better at dating, i could read books, go to the gym, meditate etc etc and then when i believe im ready i attempt to ask girls out. Or I could just do it maybe fail a couple times get better and keep doing it while also doing those other positive activities. Because im actually doing the action my sub-conscious is adapting and making this action more normal, reducing the fear, and im getting better all the time. 

If you check out the book outliers by malcolm gladwell he talks about most or pretty much all people who have become great at something have put in at least 10,000 of actual work in that field, for example the Beatles played live gigs for 3 years straight before they started getting big, bill gates was programming on computers for years from the age of 15. Point is mindfulness and all that will definitely help you but you need to take action on something, whether its your life purpose or not it could be something that brings you to your life purpose. I just see a lot of people focused on just being mindful, which dont get me wrong is very important but so is taking action as well, it has to be a balance. 

@Consept I totally agree with you that action is the one thing required to get massive results.

Finding your life purpose is crucial to take action after you find it...

I'm struggling to do that.. Have to finish the life purpose course entirely to find it and there is a main part in the course its called making it real...

Only i have to find out my purpose first 

@Elton just make sure that with whatever life changes you make (dating, career, working out, etc.) you don't rely on practices such as visualisation and affirmation to do it effectively. I made that mistake and nothing changed in the end. I think seeing these practices as enhancements to your actions will lead to better results. I used to crave some feeling of confidence to do anything bold, which never works out in the end, seeing as confidence is temporary like all emotions. Just a bit of advice from my experience take it or leave it haha.

Align with what your heart wants, not the mind. Then you'll be able to see real progress. 

I was in your shoes my whole life but recently I catched that I'm starting to unlearn and actually listen to what my heart wants to do. Since I'm living this way I'm much more happier :)

Edited by cosmicrays