Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuteCornDog

Medication & Driving

2 posts in this topic

I think the world would be a better place if all truck drivers, bus drivers, train drivers, pilots, etc were all medicated or had glasses.

I'm looking forward to getting my license soon.

Still unemployed unfortunately. It's been a while since the 711 I'm trying to get a job at has hired anyone.

On 30/08/2017 at 5:50 AM, CuteCornDog said:

I think the world would be a better place if all truck drivers, bus drivers, train drivers, pilots, etc were all medicated or had glasses.

No, it wouldn't. The world in your head would be a better place if people were medicated or had glasses, not the real world.

Notice the fact that all you have of the image of somebody not wearing glasses whilst driving is just sight. Your thoughts about good and bad aren't actually happening!

Start to be conscious of the fact that when you look at a person driving without medication/glasses, what you are literally seeing and hearing is all that is true. Your thoughts and meanings about the situation is not true, because it's happening in your head. 

So, would the world be a better place with the medication? No, because you are not actually experiencing that. It's just beliefs and thoughts in your head. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie