Joseph Maynor

Should Awareness Be Roughly Defined As Being Able To See Through The Ego's Game, Through Its Traps?

6 posts in this topic

I know this is not empirically confirmable, but to the extent that concepts can cubby-hole awareness conceptually, I'd like some feedback.  Maybe the answer is that there's a better theory than this, rather than you're talking nonsense get outta here.  I understand the difference between awareness and concept of awareness by this point.  Both have their utility in certain contexts.  This is actually an interesting definition that either I pieced-out of Leo's videos or I created by being inspired by his videos, I'm not sure where it came from now.  But it came out of my notes.  It's pretty profound.  So, the person with the highest awareness would see through all traps and would presumably be fully enlightened thereby -- within this framework, of course.  We're talking about a theory here unabashedly.  That much is clear.

What is the utility of this definition of awareness, if any?  For some reason it is resonating with me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor it's a strictly practical definition for spiritual growth for sure. but then another question arises.

how can i be so sure that i can see all of my egoic traps? wouldn't i be falling for another trap?

only time will tell.

unborn Truth

This seems like it could be a plausible definition because it is something that varies per person to a greater or lesser extent, or at least it can be vaguely modeled that way.  It passes the laugh test, but maybe it still needs to pass the smell test.  I am very charitable to hypotheses which have yet to be tested.  It's a good habit to keep.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's ineffable. I honestly don't understand it, because it reconciles opposites. I mean, lower levels of enlightenment are describable (i.e. I am the Universe, I am one with God, etc.) but there is no "I am" at that level. There's just "I." No object. And that is an inadequate description. Even people who reach it say "I don't know what it is."

Edited by Haumea

@Joseph Maynor

There is no one with a "higher Awareness", dear Joseph.

Awareness is the father of all living entities.

What Many however fail to see because of their poor unstable intellect is That Awareness is The only living ONE. You my friend do not have "another Awareness" then any other entity.

Awareness is the all pervading sun That shines through and controles all living entities. By Him you forget, remember and get knowledge.

So, You and any other is at its root already enlightened which is the primal core. We Therefore speak only of cloudedness That has the root Lust, or can be called: impure desires. And we speak of those who are free from bondage and are thus cloudless. Both are however sharing the same Awareness. Depending upon ones state one sees the living one in all and all within the self, or one sees different awarenesses.

Far less understand Awareness to be personified. Awareness is an universal form or impersonal form of the Personified Living ONE.

In other words the father, Awareness or God, is a person. Only those in devotional service will be able to understand Awareness personified. Which can be attained by pointing all senses including the mind at the Living ONE performing service according religious principles (yoga). Over time all cloudedness will be gone by the grace of the Living ONE.

Thus, Awareness can be defined by Many names such as: God, Living ONE, one with Many Eyes, the controller of all, the ONE without cause, all attractive one, one who knows no equal or greater, the one dweilling in all without attachments, the personified One, etc.

Ahayah Ashar Ahayah Joseph.

Chant and be free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!