aniss

How To Read Books ? Effective Way

6 posts in this topic

actually i don't know the right way to learn and read books effectively and extract all the wisdom from it 

i want your help you mr mrs also i wanna know your methods in how you reading books etc...

1st decide which book to read 2nd make time every day for an hour to read in quiet place (alone). Do not try to read different books in a Period of time I prefer to finish the book before choose for another one.  and 3rd try take notes of how your behavior can change due to that book just as Leo's video (Learning = behavior change) explains. Because the most important part is practice. 

Honestly, do whatever feels right.

I learnt from a book called 'The Slight Edge' to read just 10 pages of a self-help book every day. Reading 10 pages every day equates to 3650 pages a year and that's about 10 - 12 life changing books.

Take your time when it comes to reading. Don't try and read too much at once.

Remember this is just my opinion but whatever you do, keep it simple and consistent :)

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

exactly, I guess applying learning=behavior change  is the most effective method :)

whatever arises, love that

@aniss The purpose of reading books is to gain understanding and knowledge.But that doesnt come from just reading the black texts on paper.

Before reading a book,inquire yourself about how much you know about the subject already...

Read actively...such that after each page you ask yourself "What did i understand ... and how is this playing out in my normal experience when i am not reading a book?"

Notice that its not that "you are reading a book" .Its that you are engaging with yourself in intellectual stimulation ...using the sentences as "lifelines".

So i think to properly read a "book" is to self-inquire along with reading the pages.