Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

Hey, Let's Get Creative.

1 post in this topic

Here's a helpful video:

If you like to share something that helped you get creative, please feel free to share insights. Sharing ideas help in moving forward. Any techniques that helped you get through the day are great. :)

Like, for example, if you find yourself procrastinating, you might watch Leo's clip on it:

It may or may not help - depends. It depends on what you do with the information - any information. So, how did you solve that problem and go back to creative mode in whatever you're doing? It may be simple but not easy.

Ok folks, I'll just share with you this. Something I discovered. However, I know we're all different. So it will probably work differently for all of us.

I noticed that when I do art, like my paintings or some kind of craft or something I'm interested in, I'll have no problem getting started on that. I have no problem doing the dishes. (I'm not talking about a dishwasher. :)) But, when it comes to doing housework and learning a new skill for my life purpose, I get carried away in my thoughts - ego. :P So, here's a technique that has been working for me to help me get out of my train of thoughts - just look at where my hands are going.

I look at my shelf - it's messy. I look at my hands, and just let any negative thoughts pass by like a train. I start picking up books and stack them on the table. Then I dust them off, dust off the shelf, and put the books back on the shelf. That's it. I don't have to clean all the shelves all at once - just part of one shelf or one shelf, but at least do something. If my thoughts start taking me for a ride, I just look at my hands to see where they're going, and point them in the right direction. This goes for other household chores and learning a new skills - look at your hands to see where it's going.