Afonso

Why Aren't You Following The Path Whole-heartedly?

20 posts in this topic

For me i guess addictions.. and fear of it not working out and loosing what i have

like all other things in my life, the extreme feeling that i dont want to do it, in other words that i have to force it to start it, in other words that it doesnt feel natural to start doing it (may be described as laziness but im not sure). dunno how to get rid of that except just continue forcing it until it becomes "natural" didnt happen yet.

My excuse is ignorance. I am unaware how important that is. And I forget how amazing my glimpse of conciousness was. It was so powerful that I sometimes meditated 6-10 hours a day trying to recreate that. Also addictions really hold me back.

14 minutes ago, Ilya said:

dunno how to get rid of that except just continue forcing it until it becomes "natural" didnt happen yet.

Look at this guy for some inspiration. Look closer at his behaviour, do you want that?

@Privet I think it's not REALLY ignorance, because i think a lot of us in this forum understand more or less that this is something exceptional to get. The problem here i think is embodying that understanding. in a bunch of areas in life we have "glimpses" of wisdom and we say like "aha, i get it, this is important YEAH LETS DO IT", but then later you dont feel that and its simply forgotten. the knowledge is there if we dig deep enough, but then the hole closes sometimes almost instantly. the question is how do we get it out and splash all over the surface so it will always be there (or at least when it is needed).

@Ilya Ignorance is not only lack of knowledge. When you disregard the knowledge it's ignorance too. 

Whole point of enlightenment is to stop your ignorance. This process doesn't stop by couple of enligtenment experiences, you will be ignorant untill you will embody enlightenment. 

Edited by Privet

@Privet true, we are ignorant, but what i meant is that there is a minimal "good enough" level of non-ignorance that is required to do the work with less force. sure, the less ignorance the better, but we gotta get there somehow :) 

still, i think its more about embodying that minimal non-ignorance level and from there the ignorance is going to decrease exponentially.

@Shiva so to sum it up, basically "comfort" is what you're talking about, right? "im living good enough so i dont have to take it too seriously".
i think that's the ignorance and embodying knowledge part. if you would know really how good it would be, constantly, you would take it seriously.

what do you think about that? do you think it's more or less it?

15 minutes ago, Ilya said:

true, we are ignorant, but what i meant is that there is a minimal "good enough" level of non-ignorance that is required to do the work with less force. sure, the less ignorance the better, but we gotta get there somehow :) 

still, i think its more about embodying that minimal non-ignorance level and from there the ignorance is going to decrease exponentially.

Seeing your ignorance doesn't make it easier to stop it. It just makes you work towards deareasing it.

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

But of course nobody wants to go through such a struggle! Except people like the Buddha for example...

Buddha lived in a luxurious palace with everything he ever needed until 29 as I remember and still got interested in enlightenment. Osho once said that he moved to USA because it's rich country, they have everything so they finally know this is not the answer.

This might be stupid but I still feel like I haven't gotten enough girls in my life yet, and want to take on the PUA journey for a few years before I get enlightened. Otherwise who knows if I'll pursue girls after enlightenment, the way I want to right now 

@Shiva probably he mistakengly thought that this kind of lifestyle will make him enlightened.

12 minutes ago, Privet said:

Seeing your ignorance doesn't make it easier to stop it. It just makes you work towards deareasing it.

of course, that's not what i meant, what i meant was seeing what you DO have in terms of knowledge and embodying it

@zunnyman You've got sex, narcissism and power addictions to such a degree that you even rationalized how worthy that is. When I was trying to quit smoking I was romanticizing it in the most weird ways possible to just relapse and smoke again and realize that it was another stupid illusion. Until I felt in my bones how terrible it makes me feel.

Edited by Privet

@Privet I guess you could say I am romanticizing it, and have a sex addiction, but even if I wasn't so obsessed about sex, I know I'd feel like I would be missing out.

I watched the second video, and noticed he said yes you would get laid more, "if you desire it". My concern is that after enlightenment, I'd be in touch with my authentic desires, and would stop desiring sex. And I guess, ultimately, that I have a fear that getting laid for me is an inauthentic desire and wouldn't pursue it after enlightenment. And I don't know how to classify my desires as authentic and inauthentic. 

1 minute ago, zunnyman said:

And I guess, ultimately, that I have a fear that getting laid for me is an inauthentic desire and wouldn't pursue it after enlightenment. And I don't know how to classify my desires as authentic and inauthentic. 

Highly recommend to watch Leo's videos on pickup and this one. They reveal EXACTLY what you are talking about.

@Privet I always thought about watching that video, but just kept avoiding it. Now I definitely will see this today

22 minutes ago, Shiva said:

But the remarkable thing is his mindset. Imagine this: the guy nearly starved himself to death in the pursuit of enlightenment.

It's remarkable how much you can suffer in the luxurious palace that you are even willing to starve yourself almost to death to know how to get rid of this suffering. :) 

22 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The important question is: Which one of us is that commited?

The ones who suffer the most and the ones who touched the Truth and see exactly why.

It doesn't require as much as it was required in Buddha's days to achieve enlightenment these days, because it is explained very well. Typical historical Zen way of achieving enlightenment is that you get to the temple and they make you sit for 12 hours a day in lotus until you're sick of it enough to wake up. And if your back is not straight or you moved a little they hit you with the stick so that you shit your pants. And you sleep for 4 hours a day.

Edited by Privet

@Shiva spiritual teachings have always been misunderstood. jesus said "i tell you the truth, before abraham was even born, i am!" and people thought that he was saying something particular about himself, when in fact he was pointing to the true nature of every being.

Truth has been misunderstood for ages and probably always will be.

unborn Truth

4 hours ago, Ilya said:

@Privet true, we are ignorant, but what i meant is that there is a minimal "good enough" level of non-ignorance that is required to do the work with less force. sure, the less ignorance the better, but we gotta get there somehow :) 

There are some people that are allergic to these things. But not you, you're on this forum after all. Some just close their ears and minds and those are the ones impossible to get through. 

Anyway, your problem here that I identify is that you're viewing this as a chore and hence you resist it like you would resist washing up.

The thing is this is not a chore. This is a process of healing and discovery. It's a process of learning new exciting things about yourself that is not based on belief.

My advice is perhaps sit with this for a while. Perhaps if you really don't feel like it,  dont do it. Resume once you are back or you get hit by life so hard it will be your final lifeline.

Those are the best and harshest teachers, the days when that nightmare scenario hits.. If you can have that inner eye to look for who the knower is... That's all you need. Just resume your everyday life. 

Best spiritual practice is a merged one anyway! Separation is not my nation.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟