Paan

Are Psychadelics Necessary?

27 posts in this topic

@Anna1 Great video.  Awareness was liberated from the body location. Love it!

25 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Anna1 Great video.  Awareness was liberated from the body location. Love it!

Glad you liked it. She has an uncanny ability to bring direct recognition/seeing to others. 

Here's another great one-

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ragib Ashraf You are correct, I wasn't trying and it just happened while watching this video. Something she said just clicked for me and especially when she said ,"it's me also". 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Hehe, you are all on the right path. 

Psychedelics save you TONS of time and energy. 

Psychedelics = ACCELERATOR 

They can help catalyze the "I am the awareness" portal that you guys have mentioned. 

------- 

Btw - My meditation has been SO SMOOTH after I took some trips. NOW, I understand what meditation truly is. 

7 hours ago, Ragib Ashraf said:

Incredible, think you've hit the realization lottery there. I think these instances of consciousness shifts occur spontaneously when one isn't actively trying to achieve any results. Don't know if that was the case for you or not, but based on my readings upon these isolated events, it seems to me lack of expectations and outcomes are more likely to trigger that abrupt epiphany. If I'm right about this to whatever extent, then people like me will have a harder time gaining those sudden insights because we've filled our heads with concepts and models of how it goes. :(

@Ragib Ashraf Absolutely correct. Having an idea or concept about it can often lead to looking in all the wrong places. It's over here but you may spend years looking over there. Or looking right past it even. Nothing wrong with the looking per se. But the looking should have no set direction. This may be another way to put it, 'It hides in every shadow'. By that I mean, just as physical objects create shadows, so do concepts. If you have some concept, don't look directly at it, look at it's shadow.

My theory on psychedelics is that they are like a teacher but very limited at that compared to our true selves.
Like many say with cannabis that it actually seems to limit their frequency when they where already very far into this work. Other people might get great benefits when they came from a lower frequency in the first place. Now that you reached a higher frequency you can go with the next teacher lets say mushrooms until they start just limiting your frequency. So it is basically like teachers in the school system, you move from elementary school teachers to high school teachers and later university teachers. But in the end they all have their limits when it comes to teach others! You have to step up yourself and see your true infinite being which is way above those limitations. So yes in a way they are very usefull on the  other hand they are completely useless because limits stay limits no matter how far they go compared to what you truly are!

Edited by LaucherJunge

On 8/25/2017 at 7:28 AM, Paan said:

I know its not "necessary" but is it alot harder to get some profound insights or going deep etc without psychadelics?

I had serious blocks that a shamanic plant dissolved several years ago - prior to them I did TM and later Vipassana for at least 10 years, and the impact was relatively minor.

Edited by Haumea