Siim Land

Benefits Of Eating One Meal A Day

9 posts in this topic

There are a lot of benefits to eating once a day.

Not just the physiological adaptations of intermittent fasting, but some unique advantages of eating just once a day.

Intermittent Fasting Reduces

• 1. Blood pressure and blood sugar
  • 2. Triglycerides
  • 3. Cancer and tumor cell growth
  • 4. Inflammation
  • 5. Risk for neurodegeneration
  • 6. And much more

Intermittent Fasting Improves

• 1. Insulin sensitivity
  • 2. Human Growth Hormone
  • 3. Longevity and life span
  • 4. Nutrient partitioning
  • 5. Fat oxidation
  • 6. And much more

However, there are other unique benefits to eating only once a day that are even better.

• It's simple
  • You save a lot of time
  • It's easy for weight loss
  • You save a lot of willpower
  • It's free and cheap
  • And much more

How many of you are eating one meal a day? Let me know

Stay Empowered

Siim

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Does also have the same benefits for women? I have been told by doctor that is not as beneficial for women.

I don't know lots about it but I did my research and there are different opinions. I think the best is just try it out. Im in my fourth day of intermittent fasting, having dinner at 6 and skipping breakfast. So far I feel pretty tired after eating and also not very focused before my meal. 

Do you have any suggestions for good teas and supplements while fasting?

Thanks

If you are highly active like me then one meal a day is no no.

Intermittend fasting is a little bit no no. I mean i like it, because my digestion isnt ready to take anything solid in the morning. fruits are fine. I did earlier intermittend fasting, skipping breakfast and eating lunch somewhere between 11.00-13.00

Nowadays i try to do that my last snack or meal is 8pm and then i eat something light (smoothie usually) somewhere between 8-10 am, depending at what time i wake up, but i dont eat the first thing in the morning. there is solid 12 hours not eating, i think the 16 hour is way too nazi what many suggest nowadays.

I have respect for Siim Land although i dont agree everything he says, but he has pretty good knowing of nutrition. He´s advice is pretty good for people who are not highly active / athletes and want to be more healthy.

I have done detoxes (and will do in the furute also), intermittend fasting and many many expiriments.

But if someone has similar lifestyle to me you got to keep care that you get enough calories in. Probably the best line for health is to be in minimal -calories. But only minimal. Im 6,2 and maybe 175-180 pounds, losing weight is the last thing i want to do.

The thing i agree with Siim is that you really dont need to eat every 3-4 hours.

@Raquel I'm afraid OMAD would be too strenuous for women indeed. You can get the same benefits with 2 meals a day. The unique element of one meal a day is mostly to do with convenience and time. 

For fasting, drink chamomile, green tea, mineral water, apple cider vinegar and coffee.

@Richard Alpert Depends on how active you are. If you workout twice a day then of course you need to eat in between your sessions. Other than that, I think 16 hours should be the minimum to fast in a day. I myself am training every day as well and I'm able to build muscle and strength with it. However, I add an extra twist to it by drinking a protein shake during the workout. Check out my full day of eating on it.

Stay Empowered

Siim 

Body Mind Empowerment 

I enjoyed one meal a day, felt great but i missed fruit too much so i eventually stopped as my stomach grew smaller i couldn't eat much fruit always had to be dried fruit nutrient dense foods nuts/seeds and more cooked ect.. Now i just follow my body but still usually only eat anything after noon and i guess i mostly do intermittent fasting by nature.

B R E A T H E

16 hours ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

What if you want to gain weight?

Human Growth Hormone increases significantly when you fast over 16 hours a day, with added resistant training, minimal use of energy and maybe slightly more calorie/protein you can definitely gain some size. I was doing 1500 calories a day (500 calories less than i would usually consume) one meal day as an experiment at one point, i did not lose any size/muscle and i did notice some strength gains. I also believe when you don't eat for a long time, the moment you do eat the body absorbs food content/nutrients much more efficiently than eating multiple times per day. I am sure Siim can give you a good answer as well just sharing what i think from experience.

B R E A T H E

@Wormon Blatburm You can build muscle very easily with IF. You just have to train hard, eat more protein and be in a caloric surplus. Other essentials are sleep, testosterone, micros and recovery. 

I've used a similar protocol for over a year and I've build lean body mass while gaining little to zero body fat

Body Mind Empowerment 

Anyone experienced with the 4/3 rule? I think it's way easier for me to eat a day, and then not, and then eat again etc.