Costa7

Any Thoughts On Sun Gazing?

17 posts in this topic

I found this technique recently and it seems to do some real changes to the body and person. 

I am willing to do so that, but I wanted to ask you,

•Does anyone practice this?

•Are there any side effects?(From personal experience)

•Any tips in applying it?

@Costa7 Do you mean looking directly at the sun? That is very dangerous of course without the proper eye protection. Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by 'sun gazing'?    Most of the damaging rays from the sun's light are beyond the visible spectrum of the human eye. You could be doing damage without even realizing it.                       

Answer 1:

Damage to the eyes from sun exposure can take two forms: short-term damage and long-term damage. Short-term damage ("solar retinopathy") occurs when a person stares directly at the sun, and is a result of too much ultraviolet light flooding the retina. In extreme cases this can cause blindness, but is so painfull that it is rare for someone to be able to stare at the sun for that long. Typically, eye damage from staring at the sun results in blurred vision, dark or yellow spots, pain in bright light or loss of vision in the center of the eye (the fovea). Permanent damage to the retina has been shown to occur in ~100 seconds, but the exact time before damage occurs will vary with the intensity of the sun on a particular day (clouds and haze can weaken the sun's rays) and with how much the viewer's pupil is dilated (decongestants and other drugs will dilate pupils). Obviously, no one has done a study to measure the exact time before damage or blindness occurs, but doctors collect information after events like the 1999 solar eclipse, when people who stared directly at the sun for several minutes went to see their doctor. In one study, about half had permanent damage. Short-term damage can be easily prevented: never look directly at the sun. During sunsets, when the intensity of ultraviolet light is lower due to scattering, avoid looking directly at the sun for more than a few minutes at a time. Sunglasses and camera filters do not prevent short-term damage, and may make it more likely by dilating your pupil and/or allowing you to stare at the sun longer without pain.

Long-term damage is also caused by the effects of ultraviolet light, and can result in cataracts (cloudy spots on the eye lens), corneal sunburn and growths on the surface of the eye. This type of damage can be the result of a lifetime of sun exposure, and the effects usually don't show up until people are in their 50's or later. Long-term damage is harder to prevent, especially in people who spend a lot of time outside. The best prevention is to wear sunglasses that block UV light (both UVA and UVB).

@Costa7 I briefly researched it a while back. Potentially legitimate technique, although i'd say the risk of damaging your eyes is not worth the benefits (if any). I can't say for certain though. It could really be very beneficial, who knows.

If you want real changes to the body and 'person', there any many other much more powerful techniques you could be doing that don't come with any potential risk.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

lol yeah, I did it for 2 month almost every day.

First of all, sun gaze ONLY in the last hour before the sun goes down. This is the "save zone".

I started slowly with just a few seconds(because I was scared that it could hurt my eyes), but after 1,5 month  I could stare directly in the sun for 30 minutes and longer. It's like a muscle you can build.

I was more calm, because I sit still for a period of time which is similar to meditation. But I don't know whether the sun effects you pineal gland or not or whatever the "theory" behind sung gazing is.

The only side-effect I noticed was that after sun gazing there is a blue dot(or whatever it is called) in your visualfield. After 5 -10  minutes it always vanished and I could see perfectly normal.

27 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I started slowly with just a few seconds(because I was scared that it could hurt my eyes), but after 1,5 month  I could stare directly in the sun for 30 minutes and longer. It's like a muscle you can build.

@Big_D Here's the big problem with that. The longer you extend the time before sunset puts you at higher risk of eye damage. The sun is higher in the sky 30 minutes or more before sunset. Therefore less atmosphere to filter out harmful rays. 

As far as building a muscle. As I mentioned above, the most harmful light waves of the Sun's spectrum aren't perceivable to the human eye. You have no visible way of detecting what your actually lifting here.

Not to mention, your killing your night vision. Multiple exposures add up over time in all kinds of ways. Take that into consideration too.

Just a friendly warning guys. There your eyes.

.@AleksM 'Sungazing Benefits'?  That's a list of benefits for (moderate) skin exposure to the Sun. Sure it's healing in all kinds of ways.

2 hours ago, Big_D said:

The only side-effect I noticed was that after sun gazing there is a blue dot(or whatever it is called) in your visualfield. After 5 -10  minutes it always vanished and I could see perfectly normal.

@Big_D Just noticed that one. Yea, that's long term damage happening for sure. Seriously, that shit adds up over time. You wanna gaze at something amazing for hours at a time, go outside in the middle of the night and lay there and gaze at the starry sky in all it's vastness. You'll realize what a speck of dust you are amongst the cosmos. It doesn't get any better than that IMO.:)

Staring at the inner sun is probably a quicker way to attain all those benefits and more ^^ 

@cetus56 i just wanted to share my experience with it. :) I acutally stopped after 2 months, because i wasn't sure if there can be long terme damages to the eye.

And just to be clear: I don't say it is 100% safe and everyone should do it. But I think there might be potential there.

But of course don't rely only on my experience. Every human being was given a brain to think and do research on there own. So use it! :D

most of the stuff like that is probably just speculation with no proven benefits. i'd say go for the stuff that's known to be beneficial like meditation.

The UV index is low in the first 45 minutes of the sun rise and before sunset. This is the perfect time to do sun gazing. The practice is called sun gazing but as far as I know looking directly at the sun is not what this practice is about. 

I don't gaze at the sun at all, maybe that's why I don't get side effects. I fix my eyes on a point away from the sun and concentrate on the peripheral vision of the sun rays.

A method for sungazing is described in this article.

http://www.naturallifeenergy.com/sungazing/

It depends on how an individual live in his or her reality that will unfold to him or her... not all will have a damage to their eyes it depends to their expression in the moment and from that the revelation of something will show up... with blessing of intuition if you feel that it will continue to grow... that is how i see the reality of in each individual .. that in this post i dont think uv rays is bad  for the people who feel the intuition in that way is very effective and nothing is bad... 

I am pleased to share my experience of practicing the Sungazing technique, in which already after these years it has been a great, memorable and transcendental experience to name a few adjectives that really fall short.

PRACTICE TIME:

I started on January 1, 2018 and finished the technique on April 15, 2020 (45 mints). Motivated by my life dynamics, it was difficult for me to do it every day. I am currently doing the maintenance phase. I started decreasing from 45 minutes to 38 minutes. Day by day it decreased by a minute. However, the dazzling sunlight has hit me a lot for 2 days, for that reason I am starting to do only 15 minutes of the required maintenance. More Information:

I like to moongaze and stargaze. Comes with less intensity. But yeah the Sun is pretty interesting, Ive had experience where I worshiped it and I had some crazy experience through tunnels. Long time ago 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

More recent discussion on this topic here:

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.