Principium Nexus

Reality Is Only An Idea

39 posts in this topic

Everything is thought, even the 'physical' world. Reality is only what you think it to be. Perception literally bends the matrix, breaking free from conditioned thinking will set your imagination free and broadens the way how you can see reality.

Basically the mind creates relativity and the whole matrix of thought is ideas expanding into and from each other, ever defining what they themself inherently mean.

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Maxx Correct reality is only an idea so everything in it too. Even the idea of it being an idea or thought. 

Reality is created from the single thought  'I Am'

2 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

Basically the mind creates relativity and the whole matrix of thought is ideas expanding into and from each other, ever defining what they themself inherently mean.

Relativity is not only something for the conceptual/mind domain. Even existence and non-existence are relative. The only thing that's not relative is the Absolute. Which is neither existence nor non-existence.

8 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

Everything is thought

No, only thought is thought.

Notice that the world does not disappear during the gap between two thoughts.

Maybe your thoughts are not as important as you think ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice that the world does not disappear during the gap between two thoughts.

That's also just an idea. Who says there is absolute thought? We never have fully experienced complete nothingness, since we are 'alive' to an agreeable degree.

The absence of thought you think is complete going on at micro level, it's so hidden that you almost call it non-existent. You see functioning is thinking, moving is thinking, organized action is done because the body wants to complete some goal.

You exclude the micro thoughts that make arise the more prominent personal thoughts which entail complexer concepts. You are always thinking wether you like it or not to stay alive.

A nice comparison would be throwing a pebble in a silent lake. The ripples represent heightened awareness or so sense of identity that comes with concepual thinking. The ripples spread, broaden their identity, but get weaker in the proces.

Eventually the enivornment, the edge of the lake, echo's the identity back in an exact mirror image. The amplitude has reversed in the wave that is bouncing back an it redefines itself searching for the orgin.

The point is, the mind works in a similar way. No matter how small the wave is, it is still present. Relatively speaking, the less thoughts you have, the more silent the mind becomes again, but the echos will follow you till your 'death'.

@Principium Nexus You're talking bullshit.

Sit down, stop your thoughts, and see what results. It is possible. Many people have done it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Principium Nexus said:

@Leo Gura

That's also just an idea. Who says there is absolute thought? We never have fully experienced complete nothingness, since we are 'alive' to an agreeable degree.

You do it every night.

You can even do it right now in your meditation.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

When in meditation the thought 'I am' disappears. When the thought 'I am' disappears, so does the world.  

26 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

When in meditation the thought 'I am' disappears. When the thought 'I am' disappears, so does the world.  

So if the world dissappears with the last thought 'I am', then can I conclude the world only exists with thought.

Oh and I understand what non-duality is, because I think that is what @Leo Gura refers to, but in that state its all void or infinite without discrimination or distinction. So reality is void and non-existent, nothing to compare to because there is no end or beginning.

Reality or the matrix instantly gets created when you take a position within non-duality. A perspective arises with the corresponding thoughts of identity in space and time.

It's a pretty big paradox.

@Principium Nexus  The world is a concept that hides the world.

When thought disappears, world disappears, leaving the world. Meditate on that.

Potrzebie

Edited by Extreme Z7

I know what you guys are trying to say. But silent thoughts are only an illusion. Not hearing a voice in your head doesn't mean you are not thinking in thoughts.

You can think in all senses, ever thought of a smell, a taste, a sound, a picture? I think you guys are limiting yourself to one certain type of conceptual form of thought which is in words. Thought is way broader than you guys think.

@Principium Nexus Oh well makes sense to me.

Oh I didn't walk home from work, I thought my way there.

Oh I didn't just see you arrive, I thought my way to seeing you.

Oh I didn't smell your body odor, I thought my way to smelling it.

For example the mind is calm and ever so quite. You perceive this world without any attached labels, but then suddenly you look around.

This action of looking around is a silent thought.

Lets break this down, why did you look around? What is the urge, the why? This is because our identitity is still present, very hidden. It's action can be due interest to experience or percieve something else.

@Principium Nexus  How do you know? Like, how do you ACTUALLY REALLY know?

For all we know based on our limited perception, we could actually be puppets controlled by invisible ethereal strings controlled by some mystical masterminds in the sky.

Don't just assume that it's all thought.

@Extreme Z7 Yes because the 'I am' is only an idea. 'You' never do anything because that doesn't exist, but you think you do, because thats the requirement for the illusion.

The illusion that you think you are seperated, have identity because of relativity. 'Your' whole life is an idea because it is an illusion, this is what we find when we dive into non-duality and see that these labels are only symbolic. All presumed things are only ideas, reality is only an idea.

@Principium Nexus  Modern society's idea of reality is the only thing that is an idea/concept.

There is still the absolute reality that you can only attain through the practices of non-duality.

So while that may be true, it doesn't explain everything.

Edited by Extreme Z7