Amit

What Is The Nature Of Thoughts?

22 posts in this topic

I got the experience of my true nature which cant be explained by word. I am applying presence to reality, while there is no thoughts present. But I don't understand how thoughts differ from other senses. As Leo told in one video that thoughts are sensations in your mind. Are thoughts also reality? Feeling utterly ? confused!!

23 minutes ago, Amit said:

Are thoughts also reality? Feeling utterly ? confused!!

yes. thoughts are located in a spectrum of higher frequencies of Reality and your confusion is a result of your attachment to such phenomena.

sit down and let go of thoughts about thoughts. you may have seen enough for today already.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@Amit thoughts are presence-energy, exactly like other senses, in other words, stuff that are inside consciousness. only difference is that awareness identifies with it.

@ajasatya thanks, actually I want to learn more about frequencies of reality. Can you tell me some good resource, will be grateful to you.

@Ilya thanks, but I also wanted to know " can we become so aware that our awareness doesn't identify with thoughts? "

Guys, you are playing hard core. "Vibration on a spectrum of reality", "presence-energy"... 

At the basic school we learn that we have 5 sences. Screw that. Not only that you can count a lot of other thinks as sences, like feeling of tempeture, or your bodily orientation, but your mind is just another sence. Meaning that your thoughts are the same sensory variations like touch or smell.

So thoughts does not differ from another senses.

If you want to explore the nature of your thoughts, feel what they want. They want to get of the tention of your daily stresses and fears. They want to be able of better complex thinking. So what you need is basicly to ask your self a more clever questions.

B smart :-)

555.jpg

Edited by Delinkaaaa

@Amit sure, that's what self inquiry and meditation is for. what i meant to say is that what differs thoughts usually from other senses and why it seems confusing.

1 minute ago, Amit said:

Can you tell me some good resource, will be grateful to you.

the best resource is yourself, really. nothing compares to direct experience.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya i guess what he meant to say is what are frequencies themselves. why reinvent the wheel? it will take lifetimes to understand stuff that u can just get from other sources.

14 minutes ago, Ilya said:

i guess what he meant to say is what are frequencies themselves.

that's even harder to comprehend. there's no way other than experiencing the very nature of reality.

unborn Truth

Thought is thought. Everyting else is monkey mind. 

The art is to look without looking 

@Amit

Now this is a tricky one!

Let's first make a CRUTIAL destinction between the content and the contour of thoughts (I got this from Shinzen Young).

• By content we define the actual content of the thinking, you're experiencing, what the thought is about.
  • By contour we define define the actual experience of the thinking. How many thoughts come to you in e.g. 10 seconds. Were they are located in you're awareness space. How big they are...

Now the answer to your question "Are thoughts also reality?" is very simple. The contour of thoughts is real, the content is illusory.

If you really want to grasp this deeply, you can do mindfulness meditation on your thoughts. (This is part of the Mahasi Sayadaw school of vipassana meditation.) Sit down with closed eyes and turn your awareness to your thought stream. Pay attention to the nature of the numerous sensation that make up thoughts. What do thoughts feel like? How big are they? What do they look, smell, taste, sound like? How long do they last? Where are their edges? At any given moment, are they more auditory, visual or physical.

The key here is that you get engaged with the contour of the thoughts, otherwise you will simply flounder in content.

If taken seriously, this practice is one of the fastest cures for monkey mind.

@TimStr oh I contemplated about it and found that what you are saying is right. contour is that generic feel in the mind area when thinking almost about anything. Thanks for clarifying ?

@Amit Thoughts are images (associated impressions/sensations) of all forms (visual, sound, taste, auditory, smell, touch, intuition). That is what our organism is, a thought machine, making endless images of what reality might be.

Thought = dream = illusion = this world, your body, your perceptions = ignorance

On 8/22/2017 at 10:54 PM, Amit said:

I got the experience of my true nature which cant be explained by word. I am applying presence to reality, while there is no thoughts present. But I don't understand how thoughts differ from other senses. As Leo told in one video that thoughts are sensations in your mind. Are thoughts also reality? Feeling utterly ? confused!!

Reality is you... all your thoughts are reality.. it will become illusion if you believe it... there is no difference about thoughts and senses... it is the one that the "YOU" perceived ..being conscious... 

19 hours ago, TimStr said:

@Amit

Now this is a tricky one!

Let's first make a CRUTIAL destinction between the content and the contour of thoughts (I got this from Shinzen Young).

• By content we define the actual content of the thinking, you're experiencing, what the thought is about.
  • By contour we define define the actual experience of the thinking. How many thoughts come to you in e.g. 10 seconds. Were they are located in you're awareness space. How big they are...

Now the answer to your question "Are thoughts also reality?" is very simple. The contour of thoughts is real, the content is illusory.

If you really want to grasp this deeply, you can do mindfulness meditation on your thoughts. (This is part of the Mahasi Sayadaw school of vipassana meditation.) Sit down with closed eyes and turn your awareness to your thought stream. Pay attention to the nature of the numerous sensation that make up thoughts. What do thoughts feel like? How big are they? What do they look, smell, taste, sound like? How long do they last? Where are their edges? At any given moment, are they more auditory, visual or physical.

The key here is that you get engaged with the contour of the thoughts, otherwise you will simply flounder in content.

If taken seriously, this practice is one of the fastest cures for monkey mind.

Be careful , before you post of something be aware of his or her pointings .. relate this to your "SELF" try to see it in yourself... there are both real but if you believe in contour and content it will become illusory.. first if you believe in contour , if thought come with belief it will eat you and you will become unconscious you will not see it that later on it will become content you will sleep again... 

6 hours ago, Visitor said:

@Amit Thoughts are images (associated impressions/sensations) of all forms (visual, sound, taste, auditory, smell, touch, intuition). That is what our organism is, a thought machine, making endless images of what reality might be.

Thought is not a machine... thought is the instrument of ego to seduce you... it is not making endless images... if the ego attack you with your thoughts remember this.. thought is not consistent that is the cause of all frustrations , all sufferings is in the ego.. it is powerful that all your interest use it to seduce you and if you are aware of that you will see it clearly... it have ending in a way that it will come again in a new form of thought hahaha..