Iterate in 1-6 cycle for each goal.  

1.  Clear Goal/ New Goal

2.  Plan/ Strategy

3.  Execution (Requires Self-Mastery)

4.  Result

5.  Learning 

6.  Optimization

Directions:

I made this up so there's no copyright issues.  You can use my words I don't care.

Here's how I work this.  Get yourself one of those small yellow pads and write one word (from the above 1-6) on the top of each page.  So "Clear Goal" would be your first page.  Now you got a little booklet that you can use like a tool on the battlefield as a field-general facing threshold-guardians.  And you fill in the yellow pad pages as your little journey from 1-6 proceeds.

When you finish 1-6 rip the pages out of the yellow-pad and staple them.  Put them in a special spot where only these go.  Like a shoebox.  Then you can review them later on to assess your true progress.  And they will be organized by goal since goal is the first page.

And you can do more than one goal per page.  You can do a cluster of goals as 1.  So don't get too anal, neurotic, or mechanical in how this is applied, it's a tool.  Do it don't let it do you.  It's a field-manual that the good field-general keeps in his pocket as he's working.

Some definitions: 

Optimization means any perfection to your (mental or physical) habits that happened as a result of you getting your result and your "learning".  Maybe the journey to the result caused the optimization.  Anyway it happened, note it.

Learning = behavior change.  Describe any behavior changes from being exposed to learning.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

And the prime-directive is to increase the quality of your actions over time.  This is assessed as the ratio of good actual actions to your ideal actions.  This ratio should be improving over time.  

We can define personal development growth as the rate of increase in this ratio function over time.  So the derivative function of your "percentage-good-actions function" is a metric of your real growth.  

The highest growth would be a perfect match between actual action and ideal action over time.  This would show no internal obstacles and highest personal development growth.  A very practical metric.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I have been implementing this 6 step method and one thing I see that can improve it is to add a number to the top right corner of the first page in the format "0001".  That way your goal packets will be organized by goal and by implementation date.  That's because once the goal is achieved, the pages are ripped out of the pad, stapled, and stored away in a box.  With this numbering system, you will not lose track of the sequence of your achieved goals.  You can lay them out in a line and see very clearly what you've accomplished!  This tightens your shit up like you wouldn't believe.

Edited by Joseph Maynor