Costa7

Any Thoughts On Pranayama Breathing?

9 posts in this topic

I've discovered this recently and wanted to ask if any of you apply it and what are the benefits that you feel?

@Costa7 i do apply it since i'm an yogi. it's too complex to talk about it in a few lines as i like to keep my posts short.

i recommend that you find an yoga teacher and start practicing. you should experience an enormous increase in the quality of your life.

instead of reading about it or asking people, experience and feel first. it's not like you're gonna take psychedelics.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I'm really interested in becoming a certified yogi, I have only taken one yoga class and I feel alive and very conscious. I started reading about yoga but it is very confusing because of all the different lineages. I'm looking for something more spiritual and not sport yoga. Do you recommend any style in particular? So far all the schools of yoga I'm researching only teach hatha yoga and ashtanga yoga RTY 200. I still don't know my purpose in life but I think is going to be a yoga teacher or some type of massage therapist. 

BTW I know that I need more experience doing yoga like an student before becoming a teacher. 

Edited by nahtanoj

1 minute ago, nahtanoj said:

I'm looking for something more spiritual and not sport yoga.

try kundalini yoga. also check out the practices of krishna devotees. they're so kind!

unborn Truth

i do some pranayama! 10 min before every meditation session. my meditation becomes easier that way. i don't know about other effects but i feel like it is healthy in some way. i know people who play wind instruments tend to experience a bunch of health benefits, science has told me

my experience of benefits: increase in energy, increased focus and concentration, increased bliss, sense of connection, reduced feelings of discontent, relaxation in the body, more joyous creativity 

should be practiced with wisdom, caution and guidance 

If there are no yoga teachers around, is it possible to learn just from youtube videos the right pranayama technique?

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

If there are no yoga teachers around, is it possible to learn just from youtube videos the right pranayama technique?