Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyager

Learning = Behavior Change

4 posts in this topic

I realised that whilst many of my behaviors have changed from all the reading and video's I've consumed over the last few years, there's still many, many, many insights and practical recommendations provided that I've glossed over. "ah yeah that's good shit i'll get onto that later". 

I totally failed Leo's quiz. I identified the mistake's that i'd been making, but I didn't write a concrete plan of how I am correcting it. It's strange he published this vid because I'd actually come to to the conclusion only a week before that I was not putting in enough effort to change behaviors. 

For example, I have not been putting in the work feeling into my emotions and developing my EQ. And this is so critically important for me. I am identifying with Terror during my existential investigations and experiences. I'm going back to the old videos and books on EQ and doing the work.

How about yourself?

I've been trying to maintain a kind of creative/positive mind state throughout my day for the longest time, which I actually achieved today. it's actually quite a complex process. It's not just one principle or even like 5 principles. it's like a culmination of principles arising relatively every moment. All in order to be free and take that freedom where I ACTUALLY want to go with it, aligning with my highest values. I gave myself some really pragmatic ways of doing this so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes in the future. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

I think the important transition for me will be to change my perspective on taking action. I literally thought in the past that listening to videos and reading books were ways of taking action and from that standpoint, actually changing my habits was difficult because I did not see the value in just getting started. I made rationalizations and oversimplified things to the point where I said when I have enough theory, only then will I begin. But that point never came. There is always more material  to learn. 

But now I know better and I think raising the bar for what it means to learn is great for adoptiong this new paradigm that learning=repetition. It creates a clear distinction between real learning and fake learning aka mental masturbation or theory collecting. The paradigm  will make me more aware when I am engaging in fake learning. 

I will use this paradigm in all areas of my  life and ask myself the question: "how will this change my behavior?" 

I'll use this questionwhile I watch Leo's videos on meditation to set up a regular meditation practice. 

@Christian I've read a lot of books now and I came to a realization in the last month that I need to stop digesting more and more information for a while. In the moment it feels like it's helping and sticking, but as Leo so very accurately has point out, it mean's absolutely fuck all. Might as well have not even read half of those books and watched half of those videos. Sure i probably put a few % into action on each one. But no doubt I've missed a hell of a lot of juicy insights and calls to action.  I already have more than enough theory. It's time to actually properly use what I've already been gifted.