Consept

How To Get Past Ego?

18 posts in this topic

Ok so if we're are being an honest a big struggle im sure we all have is that we desperately want to get past our ego but we want to do it for egoic reasons. 

Even being on the forum attempting to give others advice is, im sure, a lot of the time because we think thats what we need to do to at least show that we dont have an ego, not just show it to others but also show it to ourselves. Really what we're fighting is the voice in our heads saying that 'youre just doing this to be free of me'. 

It seems in my own experience at least that ego is always there, sometimes more in the background, sometimes directly in the foreground and sometimes even disguised as the real me. The desire to be rid of it also has to come from ego because anyway you look at it being free from it is the ultimate ego boost and you could see it as being better than others. 

So it seems to me like a trap and a trap that im sure most of us fall into. In reality one would have to fully embrace their ego even embracing the knowledge that embracing it truly could also boost the ego.

The reason we may not want to mention this is because we feel like any admittance to the strength of the ego means that we are further away from enlightenment or controlled by ego but whether you are or not denying it will not change that. So true acceptance is the way forward as hard as that is. The idea of enlightenment is actually an illusion. 

Anyway just some thoughts please add to my ego by replying 

Calm down my friend <3

Your questions will fade away if you surrender to truth. 

@Consept "Thought is always saying that thought didn't do it." - David Bohm 

It's like TWO people in ONE and they both have to use the same voice to talk and they both claim to be "ME" which creates an assumption of separation from each other and this is the illusion.  

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

The idea of ego-transcendence is you just want to observe the ego for what it is.  There's no need to destroy the ego or pick it apart.  Awareness alone is curative.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Consept For me, my ego cannot be eliminated because it is my mind's identity to make sense of itself. My mind will never lose its sense of self. It fears losing itself, its own mind. So the best I can do is to becalm it, by remaining soft and gentle. However, in that becalmed state it operates within the subtleties of thought and its main tool for validity is 'claiming' whatever it can for itself. So while I am writing what I consider to be the truth, even the truth about the ego, my ego seek compensation by trying to claim its own truth in the hope I will be satisfied and not dig deeper.

At the same time, while I am writing, I am aware of my heart and any tension in me. If what I write fills my heart with unconditional love, then I know I am writing truthfully. If my ego tries to claim that, then it shifts to my head and I can feel tension in my body, as if somewhat restless.

Also, after a write a response. I cannot remember what I wrote. When I get a notification that somebody liked a response, I cannot remember what I wrote. I read the thread title and can remember that, but not my responses. I believe this is because I have not claimed it.

@Consept meditate twice a day. the mind will give a hundred reason to stop.  if you don't stop, you become less reactionary, and more creative. less ego. less me focus. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

59 minutes ago, Consept said:

By ego i basically mean the voice in your head that you may or may not consider to be you. So your self or perceived self at least. @Outer

ok, thank you,

so, if I don't consider the voice in my head to be mine, it is not mine anymore , right?

like if I hear a sound and I know is just an external sound...

then I get rid of it, because I don't bother what the voice says... i'm not affected by it, as I am not affected by tweets of birds.

isn't this the solution to your question?

Edited by orroz

1 hour ago, orroz said:

ok, thank you,

so, if I don't consider the voice in my head to be mine, it is not mine anymore , right?

like if I hear a sound and I know is just an external sound...

then I get rid of it, because I don't bother what the voice says... i'm not affected by it, as I am not affected by tweets of birds.

isn't this the solution to your question?

Completely agree, but would you say you're 100% not affected by the voice in your head?

45 minutes ago, Consept said:

Completely agree, but would you say you're 100% not affected by the voice in your head?

well... right here right now, 99% yes.

the 1% consists in listening ideas, insights, unconscious advices, intuitions. All good and uselful stuff...

is that a problem?

in my case no.. like is not a problem listening radio and ejoy some hits ;)
here there is no identification, so there is no affection to voices...

9 hours ago, orroz said:

well... right here right now, 99% yes.

the 1% consists in listening ideas, insights, unconscious advices, intuitions. All good and uselful stuff...

is that a problem?

in my case no.. like is not a problem listening radio and ejoy some hits ;)
here there is no identification, so there is no affection to voices...

Ok well thats cool, i would say if that is the case youre basically enlightened. 

11 hours ago, Consept said:

Ok well thats cool, i would say if that is the case youre basically enlightened. 

don't know...:/

technically , relying to our definition, a deaf person is enlightened... but i don't think so ;)

ego, for me, is primarily a question of energetic contraction, not an esclusive matter of inner voices.

Yes, voices are an aspect of ego (specially the "I-me-mine" references, the "story", momeories popping up), but is not the only/ predominant cue.

In my experience the subtle tension tingling  continuously your nervous system is the best indicator.

If the tingle is incessant, then ego is really strong.

anyway, you are correct... the main reason for this tension is the "I-me-mine stories/voices".

E. is the absence of this en. contraction. Mean linving with lightness, spaciousness, relief from almost any psycho-emotional-physical tension.

Well, this is just my rough framing of the enlightenment process, at least the ABC.

In my case there is no more en. contraction. I don't consider myself Enl., I prefer the expression being in "natural state" (sounds less haughty).

see ya

Edited by orroz

I think ego death is misunderstood as annihilation of the ego.  I think ego death is when the ego surrenders to the Truth, becomes greatly diminished as the star of the show, and becomes integrated as the front-end of how you interact with other humans.  It makes absolutely no sense to me to NOT have an ego, unless you aren't human.  Just my opinion.

Grace