Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Bwyra

The Importance Of A Daily Spiritual Practise

2 posts in this topic

i feel better than i have in a long time

One thing that is essential for people like me who can fall into those dark holes of infinity

Have a daily spiritual practise!

Ideal is twice per day and it has to be at the same time and consistent meaning every day!

(12 hours apart works good because then you prevent those negative cycles from happening or break them if they begin)

so for example

7.00am (morning)
19.00pm (evening)

and you can just start with morning and then add evening later.

5 tibetans are a great beginning yoga routine and i would add meditation to that as well so you are doing as many minutes of meditation as the repetitions

(so 5 reps equals 5 mins meditation after although i personally do much more because I am more experienced with meditation... that said, sometimes it's good to back off which is something i am considering doing next month and just getting humble and being patient to prevent not falling off the edge too quickly!)

When you get to 21 repetitions and minutes [MORNING]

Then you can start building evening practise as well.

so from...

7-8am
(spiritual practise, fuck you world i'm busy)

and

19-20pm
(spiritual practise, fuck you world i'm busy)

Also it's important to read spiritual books because they give us the wisdom of the masters who came before us... so Power of Now, New Earth, Buddha, Ramakrishna, Kundalini, yoga, tantra, Osho, Krishnamurti, Alan Watts, etc, etc... or watch lectures on youtube, dharma talks, etc... but i think books are better because they can be read anywhere and you're not on the fucking internet staring at a screen

So include that  as well in your 1 hour (or whatever you start with):

★ 5tibetans (or other form of yoga but something physical to get the body breathing and relaxed) 3-21mins
★ meditation 3-21 mins
★ spiritual study (3-21mins)

Total = 9 - 63mins LOL
(the numbers are arbitrary, i doubt it will make much difference if it is 19-20-21... feel free to go further too if you want)

This is an ongoing journey and it gets us nowhere when we start and then stop and always have to start from the beginning again and again (i have made this mistake many times and often given up, got depressed, back to my old addictions and negative people and habits, etc)

This is as important as anything in life. It's inner wealth. It's nutrition for the mind and soul.

That 1-2 hours each day (or 5 mins to start with) you switch off all the bullshit and go back to being just a perfect being of light and energy and cleanliness. No matter where you are, who you are, how fucked up things get or even how good things get. World war 3? Fuck you i'm doing my practise now. Excuse me dear guests, i have to go practice now for an hour but you're welcome to join me and if not, make yourselves at home :)

Sorry if you think this is bullshit.
But for me this is maybe the most important thing in life (even more than music, money and pussy haha).

And it's free :D

You can even start with 1rep x 5T = 1min x M = 1min x SS

I think that can be a math formula for spiritual practise)

And increase every week.... after 4-5 months you are up to max and in one year you have morning and evening practise sorted. Boom!

That's a good fundamental level.

And then you can start increasing it, going deeper, retreats, more focused practise and harder poses that challenge the breath and your edge of comfort, etc.
So not only is this a good spiritual practise, it's also great for fitness, flexibility, strength, etc. They are all part of the path of liberation. Never make the mistake of thinking these things are somehow separate.

Eventually your whole life is one big spiritual practise 24/7/52/365 and you will use the insights that WILL come (guaranteed if you stick with it) and they will bleed into your day. Your kundalini energy will release and light you up. But that takes time because most of us are so blocked. Our sexual energy is often stuck in the cock/balls/vagina/anus regions. We need to learn how to release that and not just shoot it out of our holes but i mean into the body.

I think i will turn the ideas in this post into a book or a course or something for other fuckups like me who are addicted to "getting high". In fact this was an email i wrote to a friend earlier this morning who has been going through some dark times.

If this message has reached you, we are okay.

Like that song goes: lights will guide you home :)

Edited by Lord Bwyra

Just meditate for 1 hour every morning.  Start there.  Baby steps.  Meditation gives the most cash-value as a spiritual practice.

You're like me, you like to deep-dive.  But deep-dive meditation for now.  Set aside all the other stuff for later.  Put it on ice for now.  Focus your energies on strategies that give the most for the least amount of effort and leverage those first.  Meditation is one of those strategies.  And believe me -- meditation will change your life enormously.

But you gotta commit to doing meditation for 1 hour every morning and skip no days.  If you skip days, you're not gonna get the results.  It's gotta be every single morning to work its magic.  Daily meditation has changed my life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor