Peter Zemskov

The Most Remarkable Spiritual Teacher

17 posts in this topic

Give your thoughts here on who was the most remarkable spiritual teacher in the history of humanity. 

maxresdefault.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It is a bit far fetched for me to talk about one in the history of humanity so i am just going to mention those i actually heard talking or on video myself.

The winner for me is clearly Osho just hearing him speak makes me flourish usually. I can absolutely relate to anything he speaks about it is like he would talk out of my soul in words i could not come up with myself with concepts that are totally new to me he is incredibly inspiring. By now i heard probably close to 40-50 hours of material of him talking and i feel him more and more the more i listen.

I think the two most important criteria for evaluating spiritual teachers are 1: how many people they have inspired to take up a serious spiritual practice, and 2: The degree to wich their insights and methods have helped students make spiritual progress. For both these criteria I think the Buddha has to be unrivaled. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

I find Shunryu Suzuki to be quite a champion in communicating the whole way how to approach spirituality and integrate it in your life. There are a lot of great examples throughout time who where possible to spread the word. In modern times one of the ones that helped me quite a bit is Rupert Spira. His analogies and intellectual ability is extraordinary.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

7 hours ago, Shin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

What I mean by this picture is that there is no other than life itself, whatever teacher there is, it's not an individual, it's a part of our collective consciousness as human beings and as me/you/us/infinity/god at large.

Now maybe you already understand that, but for those who don't, this is critical.

It is critical because idolatring a certain persona, as an external source of knowledge is separating you from yourself/the one/the absolute.
It is not an another being teaching you, it is yourself teaching you, there is no praise to give or to be proud of anything.
Praising someone or to be proud of yourself is still an ego mechanism to center you into this body/mind of yours, because it still implies there is "others".

I'm not saying you should not thank someone (or be grateful of someone) who helped you or teached you something, I'm just saying than thinking he's a better person or that he really gots it, is an illusion created by your mind.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Mooji - in my opinion he uses the best and simplest method to show masses of people how to continually bask it the Truth of their own unfiltered being. I don't know why people aren't raving more about this really!

(I'm talking about Mooji's invitation)

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Suffering. To me it was the best spiritual teacher, even better than the most advanced masters and yogis.

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

I talk to a version of myself that has a 2,000 year-old Mind and a 23-year old body. He knows all but he will only tell me the answers when I'm ready to listen and know the right question from the right perspective. He is no different from my intuition and speaks using images and emotions, not necessarily words. That said, sometimes I can translate his language into words in real time. The best way to consult him is through meditation and contemplation. 

My personal speculations are that:

• Rising upwards in the spiral dynamics brings me closer to him but he grows too. He is like a shifting horizon.
  • The wiser I get, the older i see him as. So when I was a teenager, He was a 25 year old version of myself. When was 21 he was 50. Nowadays, he's 1000. And when I'm 25 I hope he starts seeing things from a 1,000,000 year old perspective and so on.
  • The goal is to get him to see from the perspective of infinity years old and for me to meet him with almost infinite wisdom myself. When is the case, he wouldn't have to advise from a place of seperateness any more. Our meetings would consist of staring at each other, laughing, and sitting in silence.
    • This has happened before, so I know its possible. But then I go back to being a child compared to him again. 
  • The difference between me and him is directly proportional to my suffering.
  • To put it bluntly, he is god in an easy to digest form. I think life is preparation for being able to deal with the Absolute Godhead in full form Here and Now.
  • The brain is like a transceiver for his directions. I am like a little mars robot that moves around from his guidance in a hyper dimensional plane. He benefits from getting to feel my experiences. I benefit from his direction. We need each other for a complete perspective. 
  • I do have the choice to not listen. But the better I listen to his directions, the better off we for everyone involved. This essentially solves the free will issue through a form of Compatibilism. 
  • The best way to prepare myself to listen and find the right questions from the right perspective is through action and study of deep literature. The more action and the more ancient wisdom I take in, the better off.
  • Meditation is like taking an elevator up to his office to speak with him. 
  • Psychedelics can show you infinite wisdom and infinite perspective, but you have to then take that stuff and apply it to everyday life. Its hard to apply infinite wisdom from a pseudo-finite body, so you have to take lessons slowly one by one. Its simply too difficult to change everything all at once. As such, I just focus on taking a few months between trips to integrate everything. But again, psychedelics are like strapping a rocket engine to the elevator up to his office.
Edited by TJ Reeves

So many..

But at this moment I have been drawn to ancient teacher like patanjali. I'm carefully studying and decoding the meaning of the yoga sutras of Patanjali. It's so mindblowing that this human being that lived 2000 years ago, compiled the most rich guidance to reach awakening, and that this have been practicied for over 5000 years.

Edited by Raquel

Lao Tsu, more modernly written Laozi

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 8/20/2017 at 4:59 AM, Peter Zemskov said:

Give your thoughts here on who was the most remarkable spiritual teacher in the history of humanity. 

There is non... reaching enlightenment is not something that one buddha differs from krishna.. if you feel the emptiness in a moment, and you go back in a person you will see Buddha there krishna jesus christ all is one.. all is there... there is non most remarkable spiritual teacher because they point finger in that oneness :D 

Eckhart Tolle. I've watched and listened to almost 100 hours of content. Just hearing his voice makes calm and peaceful. His level of empathy and compassion is enormous. I love his humour.

Rupert Spira, as already mentioned. Such eloquence!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles