Basshugger

Concerning Symptoms Of Stress/ Anxiety

3 posts in this topic

This symptom is something of a "nervous twitch" that developed over the past 3 years shortly after I started working for Ford.  Its almost like an extreme feeling of resistance in my head and neck because I'm so focused on the task at hand and trying not to "stop the line" that my head and neck muscles just buckle under this physical/psychological pressure and my head will spasm.  sometimes it spasms back and forth, or to one direction left or right depending on where I'm looking but the spasm is short in duration and sometimes I can consciously suppress it to be subtle enough to where no one notices.  It is  very embarrassing  when people see it though and talk about how weird it is right in front of you.  This has never happened in my life before up until now; Perhaps I'm going crazy due to the sheer amount of time doing this soul killing job for money at such at early age and consequently my body is rejecting my current lifestyle by causing these spasms. it very well may be both anxiety based and stress based, both of which are very high especially when working, that's why I put that in the description.  The problem is that currently, I almost inevitably catch myself "twitching" OUTSIDE of work, which is very concerning and I don't know how to control it anymore.  obviously since its happening outside of work it seems to be getting worse / more frequent

btw I had more on this post, of backstory but it got deleted after pressing "enter" for some reason so I just decided to leave it out.  the symptom is all the matters and if you have any advice on how to deal with this or personal stories of your own anxiety based / stress based symptoms please share!

4 hours ago, Basshugger said:

sheer amount of time doing this soul killing job for money at such at early age and consequently my body is rejecting my current lifestyle by causing these spasms

bingo!

what do you really want for your life? what do you REALLY want?

if money can afford it, be careful.

unborn Truth

It might have to do how humans shake during stress.

Many animals shake when they're stressed to release tension. But the tendency of human beings like us is to repress the instinct to shake. Sometimes when I'm getting high strung and stressed, I try to go shake it off inside my room and I feel better. Maybe if you take time to shake it off alone, the instinct to shake won't reach you once you're in public. 

It's most likely a symptom of anxiety. But otherwise, ask a doctor. 

Good luck.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates